Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I absolutely love the creativity and it takes these pearls up quite a few notches from the ordinary!! These turned out wonderful and you are an inspiration!

Kalmen, I hope that you don't mind that I basically copied your outfit today, but I hadn't worn this strand in probably a year and your outfit from yesterday gave me inspiration to break it out again. Mine is nowhere as beautiful as yours--they're just dyed black freshwaters from a jewelry sample sale. Actually, now that I look at them in my office, they are more green with a hint of bronze... They are kind of neat, since they're not pitch black.

I just am a little iffy with the size of the pearls and colour combo, and the length is a bit awkward (I like my pearls 18" or really long). I have tried to wrap around my neck a second time but the large pearls make for an awkward double strand necklace, hence I prefer to wear it like this.

View attachment 47716

Awww I'm so delighted you tried the combination too. That's the whole point for us to all inspire and be inspired and of course to drool over all to he beautiful pearls.

Had a crazy few days.. thanks for all the love for my tahitians and fuchsia. I wore it for my grandma 101th birthday lunch when the pic was taken.

BN they are from gyso pearls in HK.

Imgarden loving the re work. Looks fantastic. I'm sure you'll get lots of wear. I'm still patiently waiting to see if PP can find any vietnamese akoyas in their next buying trip. Been on the wish list since July.

Today I went classic. My PP natural white Hanadama rope. My PP double strand of Freshadamas with my grandmother's clasp. My Mikimoto white gold huggies.

IMG_2022.jpg

Those white pearls are both beautiful and classic...how elegant! The hanadamas have amazing luster!!

Lovely, BW! Love grandma's clasp, and always love seeing your natural hanadamas!

I still find it funny, but when I wear these together, people think the Hanadamas are fake, because they've never seen this quality of pearls before. I guess I don't have to worry about anyone stealing them. People always think the Freshadamas are real, though.

Thank you, Pearly-whites and Kalmen!! It's so true how all us PG'rs influence and inspire each other!

BN, thank you so much...I'm so looking forward to posts of your lovely intense blue, pistachio and golden akoyas - and everything else you own!

So today I wore a green Tahitian strand I bought last fall. I had the 2 end pearls removed and made into earrings - they're PP's leaf design made into studs/ drops! Studs agree with my ears better than earrings that hang. I wore it with a lavender sweater, and to my surprise brought out the green. In fluorescent lighting they glow green! This is the first time I've worn this strand - I've been so inspired by all the lovely Tahitians posted lately

Attachments

• IMG_6819.jpg
    IMG_6819.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7202.jpg
    IMG_7202.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6683.jpg
    IMG_6683.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7230.jpg
    IMG_7230.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 24
Thank you, Hanadama! My olive skin and the lavender sweater really do make the color pop, but I'm not sure I like lavender with green! I tried it with pink and rust red, but both made them look blue...

Ohhh katbran, I love that Tahitian rope you made for your friend. I would have had a very hard time releasing that!

Katbran that is gorgeous! What size are pearls? I love the design.

Simple green Ts for me!

IMG_6324.jpg

thanks very much lmgarden, hanadama and Sea Urchin! - it is very pretty and it was hard to let it go but she deserves it! My dear friend Katie is 'pearl worthy' so this dragon let some loot go :) As for the size they are 9-17mm ... Lots of Jac's pearls mixed in with some Riki and some generic Tahitians from Hong Kong lol

Hanadama - those are beautiful studs !!

GAH! All these gorgeous Tahitians are turning me green with envy.

So I'm wearing my Tahitians today.

Really beautiful Tahitians, lmgarden! Very nice with your skin tone.

Katbran, I see why you had difficulty letting that harvest strand go! It looks lovely on your friend though.

Gorgeous T studs, hanadama! I wish I could take such great ear shots (and had your youthful ears haha!)!

Back