Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

I'm sorry I'm not mentioning everyone individually, but I've run out of ways to say I love the pearls you are wearing!!!

Voted today. I was the only one there. Wore my mask and lots of pearls. I dressed up in linen and my Beachy Tin-cup and feather pendant from Kojima. Mom's South Sea drops on diamond huggies.

67AFED09-DBAA-489E-8EB1-16E45452D79D_1_201_a.jpg

AFF685D1-9A66-4021-A599-46442369B889_1_201_a.jpg

8EFD2100-1B82-49D9-B85D-EDB124FC57B5_1_201_a.jpg

I don't trust my local post office. They did not deliver half my birthday cards in July, and some of them had "gifts" in them. Then one showed up one month late. I'm going in person to vote so I can see my ballot going into the reader machine.

Very summery & cool looking, BW! Your beachy tin cup looks so good with linen!!
I don't trust the PO either. I always vote in person.

Thanks 86C, Lilpearl and Charlotta!

The beachy necklace is a fun piece, BWeaves! We have all mail-in voting here, but this fall I’m going to take my ballot to a drop box just to be sure.

Turquoise, peridot and pearl cascading pieces from Hawaii. Worn with a bracelet stack- wear some joy from Kojima, a white Tahitian keshi, and a Jewelmer golden I bought in NYC.
6676C190-D448-4D1C-B8F2-DD960638C360.jpeg

6B865082-1F0A-40E6-AF61-A9584FF7BC24.jpg

Jeg, I always love love love how you make your tin cups - they're so interesting!

BWeaves, the beachy tin cup is a favorite - I love the eclectic mix.

86C I love your ombre and layering.
Jesskat, the moon and carved T looks great together.
SydK, I love your pearl pendant. It goes well with that type of chain.

The Argyle Sweater for 19-Aug-2020

View attachment 75493

ROFLMAO!! That's funny!

Jeg, you look awesome in pearls & turquoise!! Great arm party you have going on!

Today is the day! Donned a hat to keep sun off my face & my Fiji pearl necklace, T studs & my favorite T ring to get my stitches out! Now on to the steri strips. Doctor said the healing is great but wants me to be easy with the hand for the next few days. So glad to get the bandage off & stitches out!! I can now wear rings & bracelets!!!

Attachments

• 20200819_142455.jpg
    20200819_142455.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 27
  • 20200819_142542.jpg
    20200819_142542.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 33
Thanks, Pattye, jesskat, Bailey and 86C! :eek:

Thanks, Bailey! One thing about those strands that have a range of color, almost anything will match!;)

86C, yes, I have been having a lot of parties on my wrist, but I don’t often take pics of the wrist or hand. So glad your stitches are out and you’re doing so well! Love the pearls, too, BTW!

86C: Your hand looks great! Great nails, gorgeous ring. Even the bandage is almost invisible with all the other beautiful parts of your hand.

I seem to be in a light blue mood. Today I'm wearing a blue wool T-shirt but it look exactly like the linen dress I wore yesterday.

Coin pearls. Keshi from Kojima. Mikimoto huggie earrings. I like the contrast of the flat coin pearls drilled longways to the flat keshi drilled short ways.

29E21A61-4874-44C9-B583-1419B553B7DB_1_201_a.jpg

E79A672A-4081-4964-B442-FA52449E0536_1_201_a.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice pearls everyone!!

86C you are looking fashionable on your doctor’s visit and glad that you’re feeling better and you’re good to wear your jewels!! Your Fiji necklace and ring are fabulous!!

Love all the pearls.
Jeg, the little freshies are so cute, and the turquoise pieces are pure Summer.
Great news about your hand, 86C. As others have said, the ring is stunning and your nails look great. The muted Fiji pearls are very elegant.
Bweaves, I‘m not really into coin pearls in general, but I like your combo a lot. I’ve admired the keshi necklace on its previous outings - the proportions and spacing of the gold beads are very pleasing.
Little ringed Tahitians and tourmaline for me today.
6CF466CD-1077-4E30-ABF8-CA935667B86D.jpg
Off-topic- this cardigan is the result of a dyeing mishap. I bought a salmon-pink cashmere in perfect condition secondhand only to discover that the colour was hideous on me; professional attempts to dye it dark red were successful on the wool but not the nylon stitching at the buttonholes and trim, which remained aggressively pink. I was annoyed at the time, but I thought it worked weirdly well with this dress :)

SydK: Love your Tahitians with the gemstones.

As a hand weaver and spinner, I've often overdyed items that had beautiful color, but were too much. I've had some interesting results when one fiber didn't dye like the other fiber in the same piece of fabric, too. Your sweater works well with the pink button holes, though.

I never liked BIG pearls (in my previous life), so coin pearls were sort of a compromise. They had the big look without looking like gumballs. These coin pearls are particularly lustrous in real life, which is why I was drawn to them. Now, of course, Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome has hit me, and I can't believe how big some of my round pearls are. I now find my 8mm to look rather small, and I thought they were so big when I bought them.

Back