Should they stay or should they go????

You're still her baby, so of course she's worried about you. My Granny was talking about "the girl being at a difficult age" when she was 85, and my darling Mama (the girl in question) was 50-odd.

That's hysterical---and oh sooo true (I am 38 and she worries about me the same way she did when I was 13). It used to drive me nuts, but I got over it and I now that I have a little girl of my own, I can already see the pattern repeating!!

You guys are making me wheez! Yeah, I had to tell my mom her Christmas pearls (bought from Pattye and big and gorgeous) were a steal because I 'knew' someone.

Then when my son bought me pearls, I told him I sure hoped he had spent less than Xdollars, or I'd be upset!

Still, your tale of that girl being at a difficult age can't be topped!

That's hysterical---and oh sooo true (I am 38 and she worries about me the same way she did when I was 13). It used to drive me nuts, but I got over it and I now that I have a little girl of my own, I can already see the pattern repeating!!

Yup, life's like that. When I told my parents I was pregnant, my Dad was pretty chuffed - and then said I was too young. I pointed out that I was 26, and asked him how old he was when I was born (he was 27). He thought about it, and conceeded the point. When my mother said she felt too young to be a Granny, my Dad was the one who pointed out that it was a bit late to worry about all that (-:

Actually, she's not yet become a Granny. Because I'm the eldest of 4 children, and Isaac's the only grandchild yet, he wasn't falling for any "Granny" or "Grandad" tricks. So he calls them Mum and Dad, and us Mummy and Abba. We do occasionally get some funny looks, if I'm out with one of my parents, and people hear Isaac talking to "Mum and Mummy". But fortunately, my darling Mama doesn't notice or realise the possible implications (-:

To get us back on topic, boy-in-pearls:

attachment.php

Oh boy--breaking out the family photos!!! Issac is adorable (wearing pearls no less)!!! Ha!! Here's my little one. I need to upload more photos to picassa--she's changes so much. She's now a big girl (almost 9 months old).

Last edited:
She's not wearing pearls! huh!

Isaac put my pearl and amethyst necklace on to cheer himself up when he had chickenpox a fortnight or so ago.

Last edited:
You'll have to get him a Tahitian pearl on a leather strap. :)

Amanda & EST,

Hey, you two have some real cutie pies there! I recently gifted a new mom and her baby daughter with matching freshwater pearl necklaces~fun to have a gift for the mother too! It's good to start their pearl collection early, is what I was getting around to say!

Amanda & EST,

Hey, you two have some real cutie pies there! I recently gifted a new mom and her baby daughter with matching freshwater pearl necklaces~fun to have a gift for the mother too! It's good to start their pearl collection early, is what I was getting around to say!

Thanks pattye!! I bought Alexandra 4mm akoya studs. :). They were actually really hard to find!!! She is still in her training studs.. So I'll have pictures in a couple of weeks. I would get her a little necklace, but she would probably try to swallow them. :)

Thanks pattye!! I bought Alexandra 4mm akoya studs. :). They were actually really hard to find!!! She is still in her training studs.. So I'll have pictures in a couple of weeks. I would get her a little necklace, but she would probably try to swallow them. :)

Probably - that, or the world's most expensive teething ring?

Alexandra's a lovely name, do you call her Alex?

Pattye, would that be worth my while having another baby, then? Hmmmm.....

My wife insists on Alexandra--but I'll be calling her Alex when she gets older. :). Those would be an expensive teething ring, but my little one prefers sparkly diamonds to chew on.

I can see adorable Isaac, but not Alexandra. Is her pic posted somewhere else?

Oh, thank you so much for the link, she's soooo precious!

Aww.. thanks lisa. Today is actually her 9 Month Birthday. :) I can't believe how big she's gotten. I took that video in August and she's a completely different baby now (just as cute though!!). I am going to have to be really careful about not spoiling her. She's perfect--well, except for the fact that she still get up 3 to 4 times a night on average!!!

I still had mixed feeling about this baroque strand after more than a week. I bought another necklace which was a bit more expensive--but I think it was well worth the additional money. She's an 8.3mm x 9.7mm near round. It was described to me as lightly spotted and that's a very accurate description---I don't any spots to be frank. Here she is:

DSC01217.JPG

DSC01219.JPG

DSC01220.JPG

I think these are the keepers. They look a bit pastel in the pictures, but have a very silver metallic look in person. It's hard to capture that in a picture though without the right lighting (which my living room doesn't have). I am going them to mom on Sunday!! :) She's going to be shocked!!!!

Well, now for the countdown - let us know!

And if you have to, tell her you know somebody and they were a steal!

Enlarged, On my phone, the colors pop. Do they show up in real life too?

Last edited:
Back