Share your Pearl Paradise Private Launch Purchases!

Purranha, your new necklaces are beautiful!!! I love the colors!

BAS - My medium burgundies are a couple of days out, probably because I changed to an orbit clasp. Yours is getting me excited to see mine. I don’t see a lot of difference between your medium burgundy and deep lavender. What is your impression of the differences between the strands? There is the graduation, and somewhat better color matching in the deep lavender, but the Edisons have lovely colors, perhaps a bit redder? And those few pearls that appear more bronze. That’s what I’m gleaning from the photos.

Red, the deep lavenders are well matched and I consider them a "dusty" deep lavender. The medium burgundy are larger pearls overall, definitely with more red, and some blue and bronze thrown in. It's just beautiful with wonderful luster.

Pearl Dreams, thanks for the flipping and I agree, I love the color(s) on me!

Purranha -- your strands are gorgeous! Wear them in good health!

Amateur photographer here and don't I know it... Though I was mostly into lenses. And pearls... And now I don't have time to photograph but I play guitar so... Just bought my 5th guitar... I think it must part of the human nature that what we like we want more of.

Don't enable me. :D

I do too much justifying as it is, lol.

"I don't need a new camera... but the NEW one shoots 14 frames per second......"

Yes, camera obsession is closely running with the pearls. They are both very tactile and beautiful. As with pearls, all sizes have their place. Keep the luster coming.

PURR !!! Just look at those pearls !!!! Ab so lute ly Amazing ! Truly truly gorgeous !! I can just imagine the feeling of tearing open the package half afraid they wouldn't be right...and then the OMG MOMENT !! Congrats !

BAS And you too won the Edsion Beautiful Pearls award ! That is a lovely strand and a great length.. did they add a pearl or two ! You must be thrilled !!! Very happy for you !

BWeaves - That ring is so cute !! I love the little flower , adorable !!

BAS, I can't wait for our strands to have a playdate together! I have a bit of traveling coming up through Jan, but when February rolls around, isn't it time for little h to come back for the NY NOW? Haha BabyNurse, time to plan a visit? ;)

BWeaves and Andrew - I LUV how you guys are having a naming collaboration! I love the name Lily Pad too!

I tried to take more photos under various lightings on different backgrounds today.

Rainbow colors exotic Pearl Paradise freshwaters
exotic metallic PP strands
Twisted pearl strands
Crazy colors Pearl Paradise
Pairing exotic pearl strand
Amazing colored pearls
IMG_7791.jpg
Gorgeous pearls

Some awesome strands there! - And the flower shapes are great too

BWeaves, how nice that your ring waited two long years for her rightful owner. What a lovely and unusual piece. Wear it in good health!

Katbran, thank you. That is PP's standard "will string to 18" length. No pearls added. Sometimes I'll have two or four pearls removed from a strand to make matching earrings. But not this time.

Purr -- yes, February is right around the corner! I bet you're over the moon with your new strands! Wear them in good health.

Thank you!!! Those Edisons almost don't look like pearls, they look like metal. Awesome!

Oh wow... that third picture you took :eek: lilac/purple metallic! Then in the other light you can see the copper and bronze colors, those are chameleon pearls!

Purr, your pearls are mesmerizing! The luster is so reflective they almost don't look like pearls!! I love them with your wired flower/pearl necklace. They just magnificent strands! I'm so happy you got these!

OK decision time. The ripple necklace from Pacific Pearls has arrived.

Pacific Pearl necklace on the left. My current ripple necklace from Kojima on the right. They are on a white paper towel. It's too dark to get good neck shots, but they look better on me than on the paper towel.

BAD LIGHTING, sorry. In shadow at night.

fullsizeoutput_9c0.jpg

Under bright light at night.

fullsizeoutput_9c5.jpg

Pros: The colors are more intense than my current necklace. The pearls are a better match to my real Kasumi earrings and pendant. It has a solid gold orbit clasp, although it's a small one. The necklaces nest. The pearls are bigger than my current necklace.

Cons: It's knotted on white cord. It needs a darker cord. The Kojima necklace is knotted with a soft pink color. The knotting is terrible. Big honking hairy knots terrible. If I keep it, I need to reknot it right away. I feel it should have the larger orbit clasp like on my Kojima necklace. That would allow me to link them together for a rope. I shouldn't have to redo a necklace I just bought.

I need to sleep on it (not wearing it, but thinking about it) and see it in the morning light.

Last edited:
Don't know how accurate this is to what she sees, but tried to give BWeaves' "bad lighting" photo a little photoshop love, if it helps visualize things (On a side note, I love the left strand's color :) :

bweavesripple.jpg

(I wish I could put you in my pocket to adjust all my photos.)

I love the colors in the Pacific Pearls strand. I do not understand the use of white thread to string them. Also, the pearls on the Pacific Pearls strand are very nicely arranged across from each other. It is more pleasing to my eye.

(I wish I could put you in my pocket to adjust all my photos.)

LOL! You crack me up.

Anytime I see one that might help, I'll try to adjust and pop up a color-corrected version; or, if anyone ever has any requests, just give a holler. :)

I, too, don't understand the white thread.

Thank you Andrew!!!! That's better.

I'm going to try to take photos in natural light tomorrow. I think they'll look better. I like the pearls but I'm disappointed in the presentation. I almost wish they'd just sold them unstrung.

Back