rss feed for the forum

effisk

thou shall read the book
Hi

this message is intended for the forum admin.

I would love an RSS feed of the 10 or 20 latest threads (last updated threads), and I'm sure it could benefit some other members.

We would be able to read the forum from our RSS reader (for those who use one), or at least see the last messages from our rss reader, and we would also be able to publish the feed on websites too. A short version is fine (message title and snippet).

I just had a look at the official vbulletin website, and this is a feature they offer.

FX

Hi Caitlin,
An RSS feed is a web feed that delivers new information to your computer in an XML file. The user creates a feed list of all of the places he or she wants to receive updated information from. The program on the user's computer then sends a message to all of the servers in its feed list to request new information. It's a great way to know when you information has been posted.

I just thought I would mention that we have decided at this point to not offer a RSS feed for the pearl-guide.com. We have several features that are in the works for the pearl guide and we may revisit the idea in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience to those that wanted to use the feed.

it's bizarre, i can access a feed at the address i mentioned above.

the feed is however limited to the last 15 thread titles.

well if the feed is not shut off as of yet it will be soon, just a heads up. Like I said in the future I'm sure we will revisit the idea and provide full RSS support.

Back