Pretty Sure Akoya

Thanks, amti! That's where I got my inspiration too. After finding out the price of those strands I realized I'd just have to make one for myself ;)

And I just looked at the clasp you have linked...I've used that one several times in silver. It is really pretty and very easy to work.
I don't have a photo of the clasp directly, but you can see it peeking through in this picture IMG_0537.jpg

Last edited:
MSC, would it be tacky of me to ask what you dropped on the necklace you picked up? That clasp is bangin. Also thank you for the great idea on how to re-purpose graduated strands...I come across SO many of those and I'm sick of selling them on fleabay for pennies.

Thanks, TahitianDream! I picked up this one for under $200-, but honestly I wouldn't paid half what I did if it didn't have the clasp. That the majority of the pearls were pretty nice was an added bonus.

I love how you repurposed the pearls into a beautiful wave design. Prefer the longer length too.

I took some of the extra pearls and paired it with rose gold (plaTed) and CZ findings for a not-so-well-matched pair of earrings.
IMG_5755.jpg
IMG_5802.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Pattye! Ha, no, that was definitely not the sequence of events. I was going to use smaller pearls from a different necklace, but then decided I wanted bigger pearls and I had these. Viola!

Ho, look at that! Those are wonderful earrings, MSC. May we have an ear shot, please?

Fabulous and so wearable because of the weight. It looks good on you. :)

I finished the long necklace redo and now I'm dying to do a bracelet/extender! That'll have to wait a while...
I'll try to get some better shots tomorrow morning when I'm not wearing old pajamas ;)

IMG_5968.jpgIMG_5975.jpgIMG_5974.jpg

Back