Pondslimes-what are they?

The term "pondslime" refers to a natural mottled coloration in freshwater pearls, often including shades of gold or bronze, sometimes with pinks and violets. I know Sarah of Kojima often carries them, as well as a number of other vendors.

Sheri

Caveat emptor, Marnie, pondslimes are really an acquired taste. Some might find them quite unpalatable as the copper-yellow-gold coloration (au naturel) might clash with skin or hair colouring. The experts have said that pondslimes have always been around, just bleached into oblivion, as consumers tend to give such colour a wide berth in the past. Till of course our very forward-looking Sarah at Kojima and Fuji at Pacific saved them from their bleach bath destiny and these days, consumers are alert to their existence.

I personally find white pondslimes too harsh for my sallow Asian skin but I adore mauve pondslimes (purple-copper-gold and even green hues).

Attachments

• il_fullxfull_350226154-tile.jpg
    il_fullxfull_350226154-tile.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 46
Here's a couple of pondslime pearl necklaces that I sent out earlier today to a lovely lady in Europe....I have to say that I had mixed feelings about pondslimes before, but they are kind of growing on me gradually...

Attachments

• DSC09748.jpg
    DSC09748.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC09754.jpg
    DSC09754.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 42
Personally, I like the pondslimes. My long rope has satiny latte tones, but the colorful overtones are fab. Besides my eyes are sort of that color~lol. These were very inexpensive strands $6 each from John Tu, used for my 100+ inch rope.

IMGP4690.jpgIMGP4691.jpg

Especially love the coins, Amrita, with their dappled look!

I like those coins too! Was the special order the only one you made?

Thank you Sarah Kojima for your pondslime contribution to the world of pearls; people are loving the colors and the name!

And Amrita, you are taking the look to new levels! Can you get some up on your website? That category is a blank page.

Back