Pls help to identify

Amira

So thrilled to stumble upon this forum. Now that I’m here, let me get answers to all my questions from the experts. The pendant here was a gift. I got earrings made by a jeweler in similar style. Since they were bought separately there could be a difference in the type/quality of pearls. In fact there is a slight difference in color between the pendant and the earrings. Need help to identify these pearls. Thank you.

Attachments

• photo72233.jpg
    photo72233.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 41
  • photo72236.jpg
    photo72236.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Hello Amira, this is a tough call...it is easier to assess pearls in person. Difficult when doing it from photos.
Since they are set it is also more difficult to inspect for imperfections and shape. These look like "soft baroques" to me and the one on the right looks like it has more imperfections than the other two (but there could be some we cannot see).
They look like South Sea pearls to me. How big are the pearls?

Hi Douglas, thank you for the welcome and thank you for taking the time to reply to my posts. They are quite large in size and I have photographed them again with a scale to give an idea.

Attachments

• 0AABDB56-DFBD-4EEC-BF1B-32448A245199.jpeg
    0AABDB56-DFBD-4EEC-BF1B-32448A245199.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
Thank you Amira...looks like 13 mm roughly. The pearl looks very round on this photo, no visible imperfections except for a small and slightly flattened and dented. Still looks like a Souths Sea Pearl to me, with its silky luster.

Good question!

Back