Please help to identify pearl

master

IMG_0008.jpgIMG_0009.jpg

Welcome, master,

The layers of nacre appear to be showing clearly. Where is the rest of the necklace or jewelry this came off of? Possibly a cultured freshwater pearl, with no bead nucleus. At least the center looks very oval in the photo. Please tell us the circumstances that led to this pearl being cut apart, if that is what happened? How will it help you if the pearl is identified?

Welcome, master,

The layers of nacre appear to be showing clearly. Where is the rest of the necklace or jewelry this came off of? Possibly a cultured freshwater pearl, with no bead nucleus. At least the center looks very oval in the photo. Please tell us the circumstances that led to this pearl being cut apart, if that is what happened? How will it help you if the pearl is identified?

Thank you for your reply.
I cut it myself, to see what's inside :) It may sound stupid, but I didn't find any reliable info, how to identify pearl without X-Ray.
That was a necklace and I still have rest of it (59 beads)
Another question - does it have any value?

Good for you for experimenting with the pearl. I have smashed them with a hammer before to see what was inside. Your idea of cutting in half is better and not stupid at all.

Can you please take a photo of the other pearls, including the clasp? Most likely these pearls would have little resale value. But they are real cultured pearls, and people that make jewelry and crafts can use them.

Some pearls have sentimental value because they belonged to someone in the family and are worth having restrung so they can be worn and enjoyed.

I don't have a clasp and the beads are in ziplock.
I have few other pieces and will post them to forum as soon as I take pictures.
Ones again, thank you for your help!

Back