pearls and amethysts, and a bonus

These are beautiful Linda. Do you have any neck shots- especially of the coin pearl necklace which I really love. Are you going to layer the emerald necklace with other strands or wear it alone? It really has the pop of color that makes it stand out.

I like the idea of layering the emerald beads. My original thought was to use them for an emerald pendant.
Here are some neck shots, first the potato chip pearls;
potato_chip_pearls.jpg
and the coin pearls, which my daughter is trying to talk me into giving to her...
coin_pearls.jpg
I had these pale peach pearls, and made a necklace with pale amethysts for my sister-in-law. I liked it enough to make one for myself!
pale_pearls.jpg
and the emeralds...
emerald_beads.jpg
Thank you for the nice comments, and for the help with the emeralds!

Wow Linda, you're on a roll! Beautiful creations. Those emeralds are gorgeous. I giggled when you said potato chip pearls. Is that what they are called? The name certainly fits!

I am dying over those peach pearls. They are really lovely and I love how you paired them with pale amethyst beads. Thank you for the neck shots. Every strand is beautiful.

Thank you for the nice comments! Amti, I think if they are not called potato chip pearl, they ought to be! But I'm afraid that I made that up...

Thank you for the nice comments! Amti, I think if they are not called potato chip pearl, they ought to be! But I'm afraid that I made that up...

I shall refer to them as potato chip pearls now. :D

nylon power by griffin

nylon power by griffin

Yes, I am using the Beader's Secret, in the smaller size (#40). Is there an even smaller one? The thread I got them on is a little finer. I will look into the wire -- I think I have some fine guage. Maybe it is fine enough. Thanks Pattye!

One option for small holes is nylon power by griffin. It is very strong. Their #2 carded one has a very thin needle. I use the Japanese method, and #2 nylon power on small hole pearls. Nylon power is recommended for gemstones.. Search nylon power griffiin to find it. it also comes in colors.

Lloyd

Last edited:
Back