pearlparadise question - white metallic studs

juliebeth

hi y'all, i just got my (SO beautiful!) 9-10mm white metallic freshwater pearl studs in the mail and they are gorgeous!

question, though, there is glue residue showing on the pearl around the backing. is this worth returning them over? They're also not quite matched (one is pink-er, i guess that means it has a little more "orient" than the other?). the not quite matching doesn't bother me, but the two issues? should i try scratching the glue off with a fingernail? does it matter?

They're also on the 9mm end of 9-10mm. oh, and i sure wish the posts fit those big huge backings that keep your earlobes from flopping over.

dangit, i guess i should return them. anyone from pearl paradise have an opinion on the backings? can i get a different gauge earwire? or a tighter fitting larger back?

juliebeth,

I would think the glue problem could be fixed easily with a solvent if it shows. Contact PP directly. About that and the finding.

Jeremy only was able to find a few of these earrings-- they are rare. Of my 3 pairs of various sized white metallic earrings, two of the pairs have one pearl that is pinker than the other. It has nothing to do with orient-- it's just the natural overtones of the pearl. I don't mind it, actually. But if it really doesn't appeal to you, then you may wish to return them. They will be snapped up fast by someone who missed out.

Last edited:
oh i am currently on the chat with one of their people, emailed him photos already. :) some problems have obvious solutions (or at least path to a solution) only after posting on a public forum. i must say they have amazing customer service reps - i've now chatted with three of them with questions. in case anyone from the company is looking, TELL YOUR BOSS YOU ARE AWESOME!

Thanks, lol.

Pearl Dreams is correct. There were only a few pairs, six I believe in the 9-10 mm range and they weren't perfect, perfect matches. But I only had about 30 pearls to start with, so it really was the best possible matching.

they are lovely! i am not complaining! :) plus, i emailed photos to trevor there, turns out it isn't glue, it is just a tiny flaw in one earring that is mostly covered by the earring bit. i am reassured that the flaw on the one earring doesn't mean it will apart. as it is, i'm fine with them, everything is all good. jeremy, you've got a good team there. plus, the earrings are awesome!

It's great that your concerns could be resolved so easily! :)

Don't worry, no one will be able to see the little flaw at the back.

Back