Pearl storage bags

Anne21

There have been a number of mentions of storing pearls separately from other jewelry, often in silk bags. Some of you have posted pictures of lovely bags. Just curious where you purchase these, whether locally or online somewhere. Thanks!

I have a zillion and they all came from Catherine Cardellini. That's how she sends her pearls, which I LOVE. they're very good quality. I am not sure where else to get them. Watching with interest....

I'm thinking of making my own, but we no longer have any fabric stores locally. Might have to see how far afield I'd need to go to shop for the fabric and cording.

So in the interest of research, I see that Catherine does put hers in silk bags. I have a couple of old Honora bags with a zipper compartment and then a fold over flap with a loop and button and they seem to be slightly padded. I have found some online that are silk with a cotton lining and others that just say they're velvet or silk or whatever and don't mention a lining or padding. Can you describe the ones you got from Catherine for me? Sadly, I don't yet have any of her creations.

Thanks!

just go down to your local China town(if you have one close) and you can buy silk pouches for very cheap.

There are many choices listed on ebay, too, although I know everyone isn't comfortable shopping there. Try "jewelry pouches" multicolor sets, free shipping.
For as cheap as they are, I wouldn't consider making them, although I make ultrasuede jewelry rolls for travel.

those sound decadent!
Catherine's are lovely-just pullstring silk pouches. They're not thin at all, there seems to be slight padding.

Thank you for the suggestions and the links. No Chinatown near me, but I'll shop around online. I was beginning to think it would be less expensive to order them instead of making them, although I might experiment with some scrap fabric I have, if I can find something soft.

I have ordered from eBay ..no problems at all..large zippered brocade silk (maybe man made idk fabrics) with matching tassel on zip. I usually buy from two guys lucky rain and lucky haisin ( something like that) . Just make an offer so about 2 $ a bag and see how you go ..I generally get 5 for around 10$ ..I put in several offers on different listings..they have always been accepted. Try one batch of 5 and see what you think ..they sell them for 5$ here and I pay 2$ each with free shipping. They have always been nice.

Back