Pearl rings - What's hot, what's not?

I hope you won't think I'm rude. Just got to re-reading the rest of this and noticed on page 11, a conversation about a lovely ring with a locket space in it posted by Valeria. It seems to be Victorian and made of gold. Nobody mentioned it but I wondered if a space that size could be used to carry poison? A few hundred years ago, well a number of things:
1) People were smaller in general, which means smaller hands
2) Poison was the accepted method of killing off people in the 'court', meaning royalty, such as an older brother in line for the throne before you, which is why they had food tasters
3) You notice the ring is NOT made of silver, which discolors in the presence of poisons, or at least most of those known in those days and is the main reason why silver ware and silver chopstiks were used by royalty on both sides of the European continent.
Hopefully, the ring is something much more fanciful.
Just exercising my government trained, Air Force translator brain.
Of course a trained assassin would hopefully be skilled at such trivia as opening a locket ring. Wonder what kind of tool they would use?
barbie

Luckykelleyk
Love Love Love your ring. Great size. What's the actual color? My monitor isn't helping me much today.
barbie

Luckykelleyk
Love Love Love your ring. Great size. What's the actual color? My monitor isn't helping me much today.
barbie

Well technically its lavender (supposed to be) but it is really more pink. I love it! I originally ordered a freshadama, but Natalie sent me a picture of all the lavender pearls that they had, and the one with the nicest color was AAA. Its not a big deal because the imperfections are located near the drill hole so you cant see them. It is so beautiful! I had to have the setting custom made because all the ones that were available to order were for a pearl of 8mm max. I am really happy how it turned out though :)

Hi Luckykelleyk, great to hear from you again - your ring is gorgeous! Thanks for the photo - you know how much we all love photos! Speaking of which, WHERE ARE THE WEDDING PHOTOS?? Would love to see how the dress and the pearls looked...

Beautiful ring. Is it round or button and is it mounted on one post or two? Thanks!

Hi Luckykelleyk, great to hear from you again - your ring is gorgeous! Thanks for the photo - you know how much we all love photos! Speaking of which, WHERE ARE THE WEDDING PHOTOS?? Would love to see how the dress and the pearls looked...

Haha I will work on that for you!

BTW, the pearl is round and it is on one post.

Hi
I love your ring. Could you show a photo from the side? I'm curious how the pearl is attached..
Thanks
Robin
side view pics added to above post after my question!! I do look at the pics

Last edited:
Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for the more detailed photos. Keep working on the others for us, though! Trust everything went well for you, too!

Beautiful ring! Nice french manicure too. :)

Absolutely gorgeous. My mom's 14 mm lavendar freshwater was nowhere near AAA, but it looks great on too. Freshadamas are fantastic, but for color you just have to find one that you look at and fall in love with. Love the ring!

Very nice design, gorgeous pearl and clean work!

Enjoy it and lots of luck for you and your husband!

Congratulations on your wedding from me as well. I second the wish to see photos of your great day with pearl strand and pearl ring and the dress...:)

Last edited:
I figure as long as someone buys it I still get to see photos ... so broke till I start work again next month.

Luckykelleyk:
Gosh, you are so lucky. I love that light lavendar that is almost pink, it's great. The ring design was fabulous too. You made a wonderful choice, but of course you already know that. I join with the rest of the PG'rs in waiting for your wedding pics.
barbie

Back