Pearl nail polish...best color for "white" pearls? & best color for vintage faux pearls?

A Breaker

Besides needing to fix a couple of badly damaged white pearls (these are at the back of the neck), I need to replace missing vintage glass faux pearls on brooches. I have heard that nail polish works best over glass...but the nail polish makers keep changing the colors. What are your favorite brands and names of whites and creamy yellowish pearl colors polish? Points for showing it on you nails!!!

For white pearl surfaces, Revlon Pure Pearl is good. No sneaky glitter. I’m not sure about an off-white or cream color, but I’ll poke around a bit when I have time. One issue is that polish colors are discontinued all the time, and also products get reformulated and then are sold under the same name. A long time ago I put Pure Pearl over some dull mother of pearl inlay on inexpensive earrings and it did a beautiful job. It just has to dry a long time. I’m not sure how a coat of nail lacquer would hold up on surfaces that have contact with skin—with the drop earrings this was no issue. Hope this helps!

You might also look at the shade Leia from Zoya nail polish. It has lovely color reflects that could look pretty on pearls that you don’t mind experimenting with.

Back