Pearl Collecting

1334.jpg

On the hand.

We just might need a brand new forum category: Decorating with Pearls, between Christmas Garlands and your Shadowbox/framed pearls it might just take off ;)

ahem...... good............. frame them in tiny frames and put them on easels on the table!

I'm like you Pattye- I really like the baroque, circled pearls more( I know you do as well). The round are pretty and classic but the organic shapes of baroques give so many design possibilities.

That is some focal pearl for sure, the rings, the colors, the size, wow!

Adoring the blue ss keshi. The others are also wonderful. Congrats on lovely acquisitions.

i like oddball shapes too.....there is something so.... satisfying to see one of the odd shapes
at least to me there is

Maybe you could make an "anything goes" strand. And if it was a bracelet, you could see them all the time. :)

Thank you everyone for the kind words and appreciation of my pearls you've expressed here

A current layout:

LAYOUTS.jpg

Thanks lol. You know the colors were inspired by an enameled ""Pansy" (at least I think that is what it was) brooch an elderly woman was wearing at the hotel I stayed over the Holidays. She was waiting the lobby with me. I was staring at it, and initially I was too shy to ask about it. Then she commented on my well behaved dog (which made me chuckle) and we chatted a bit. That gave me the courage to ask. She was a retired teacher from many years back and it was a gift from one of her students or their parents something like that, I wish I took a picture.
I have thought about the colors ever since, now that I've done this layout I've not obsessed over it anymore. Odd really.

**edit it was probably a Viola or Violet maybe?

1 12394521 909360485808106 974809381 o

As a UW Husky alum, I totally approve of those colors :)

Last edited:
I was just schooled (though still slightly confused), Pansies, Violets/Violas are all the same family of flowers but this was never the point anyway, my curiosity and rabbit holes...sigh.

I love purple and gold...nature always comes up with the perfect color combinations.

Back