Pearl Collecting

One more...

pster.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that one is really cool. What are you going to do with it?

Just part of my collection :) not destined for jewelry at this point :). I had a tiny easel for it and sat on the coffee table, till a party guest knocked it over, now there slight crack across the back.

Wow that one is really cool. What are you going to do with it?

Lovely pansy colors!

Pansies are in the violet family (violaseae), and genus (viola), and many different species and hybrids. Originally a wildflower from Europe and Western Asia. Plants are my thing!

I knew someone would come along :) Thx

Lovely pansy colors!

Pansies are in the violet family (violaseae), and genus (viola), and many different species and hybrids. Originally a wildflower from Europe and Western Asia. Plants are my thing!

Wasn't sure if people would appreciate them as much since they are not a jewelry item. I like collecting unmounted baroque pearls appreciating them from all angles they've such interesting characters.

I am glad you all appreciate the loose gems. By taking photos and sharing I have a reason to take them out, not that I need a reason lol but it is nice to share.

Anytime, BPDDC!! I LOVE all your pearls!

Fun with cheerios (from the other thread):

20170119_125457.jpg

prls.jpg

20170119_115036.jpg

uppp.jpg

prls .jpg

pearls.jpg

20170119_125457.jpg

Attachments

• 20170119_123247.jpg
    20170119_123247.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
One more I forgot to show (was doing a phone pic dump):
SoC

SOC2.jpg

Just part of my collection :) not destined for jewelry at this point :). I had a tiny easel for it and sat on the coffee table, till a party guest knocked it over, now there slight crack across the back.

if you do this again........... use museum wax

That wasn't the point LoL it was for fun.

not with the cheerios..... but with easels.....
(although the cheerios were cute)

i learned the joys of museum wax after a certain little curly headed feline defiantly threw my jack o lantern/black cat teapot off the mantel
i told him....... *yeah good thing you're cute*
after that....museum wax on anything breakable

You know I used to use it for my mineral and larger loose gem collection for the same reason. A very large and fluffy orange Tabby claimed the lighted fireplace mantle as his own. I'd lay the crystals/gems over the inlaid light so they were lit from below, quite nice. I also had 3 Llardo statues I inherited from my Aunt. Mr. Fuzzy face decided the warm rising up was more to his liking than my delicate minerals or the statues, he became accustomed to being up high, he broke one of the statues. We compromised, I moved the minerals from a portion of the mantle, he stopped knocking them over and off. Sadly I no longer have a lighted fireplace nor that cat, but we've been thinking about a small curio to replace "MY" stand (which is apparently just a catchall)...so I might just use your idea yet.

not with the cheerios..... but with easels.....
(although the cheerios were cute)

i learned the joys of museum wax after a certain little curly headed feline defiantly threw my jack o lantern/black cat teapot off the mantel
i told him....... *yeah good thing you're cute*
after that....museum wax on anything breakable

That SoC mabe ring is heavenly...

I love simple glass boxes for displaying mineral specimens and other oddities (for me, that usually means bones and skulls).

Bpd, pls continue posting your collection. I especially love the blue keshi. Such a cute shape n nice color too.

Thank you I am glad you've enjoyed these. Wasn't sure if people were too interested in just loose pearls.

Bpd, pls continue posting your collection. I especially love the blue keshi. Such a cute shape n nice color too.

Back