Pastel Tahitian pearls

Precious Pearl

I just LOVE the "pastel" Tahitian pearls and I am dreaming of being able to buy a strand of multi-colored 10 mm pastel Tahitian pearls one day. Does anyone know if there is jewelers specializing in these pearls? I am not ready to buy yet but would like to make some research as I have no idea of what would be a reasonable price range for such necklace.

I could have sworn that Hanaleimom has a strand of something like that. Or at least has posted a picture of one from one of her many Pearl trips.

I have to say I do love a mixed strand of tahitians, pastel or vibrant!

I wonder if it would be possible to start buying the pearls one by one until I have enough for a necklace or maybe the necklace would end up being very expensive if doing so?

I wonder if it would be possible to start buying the pearls one by one until I have enough for a necklace or maybe the necklace would end up being very expensive if doing so?

If you are getting a fair price on the loose pearls, the finished strand should be about the same price as a full strand. Plus you get the fun of hunting down each pearl for your strand and you'll appreciate the necklace that much more.

Of course you want to make sure you know how to judge a pearl and only deal with reputable sellers.

To be honest I didn't even think about the shipping costs, it will add up but shouldn't be too bad spread out over time. For sizing I would try and stick as close to 10mm as possible to keep a uniform look. The common practice when stringing will be to sort them smallest to largest with the small pearls being in the back and the largest pearls in the front of the necklace, so a little variation is ok. Just keep in mind if you have particular pearl(s) that you want front and center in the necklace they should be the bigger pearls of your lot to look right.

If you plan on purchasing all the pearls online, researching like you are now will save you a lot of frustration down the road. Figure out exactly what you want then just start contacting vendors to see if they have it. There are some good deals to be had on Ebay as well but be careful there are 10x more scams then deals, but they are there if you hunt.

Happy hunting!

I thought I should just add a picture of what I have in mind. This particular strand was sold by TPO some time ago and I so much wished that I had had the funds to buy it.

Attachments

• pastel Tahitians.jpg
    pastel Tahitians.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 36
Back