Pacific Pearls International-Australia

Caitlin, thanks very much. These are definitely going to be returned.
About 3 hrs after I posted these pics, the UPS man showed up with my 11.5mm, SS earrings from Pearl Paradise, CA. In one word....they are STUNNING and exceed my expectations in every way.
I'll get pics up of them later, the light is gone now for me.
T

Here are the cropped pics of the PPI "pearls"

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the cropped photos. They are very educational for future readers! The contrast of these with those will be even more so.

AND, I am so glad you are pleased with PP's pearls!!!

I was going to get these pics of the Pearl Paradise earrings up yesterday, but just ran out of time.
Described to me by telephone as "light silver overtones with slightest hint of rose", AAA, 11.5mm. I think that is a "spot on" description! In fact, I fail to see why these don't meet the criteria of "GEM GRADE".

077.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

You may see some jewlery box "fuzz" on them, but that's it! What do you folks think? Did I do good or what?!

Kind regards,
Tom

Hi Tom, yep, you did good, and congrats on your 40th !!!!

PP is a totally honest opp.

the reason your pearls look like gem grade is probably because PP do the right thing and grade their pearls before they are drilled and set, and not after - see the PP grading guidlines on SSP below

Gem Grade
Gem Grade Flawless pearl with excellent luster
Pearl exhibits no inclusions or imperfections prior to setting or drilling

AAA
Flawless on at least 90% of pearl?s surface
Only 10% of pearl?s surface may exhibit slight, concentrated imperfections
Only a single deep inclusion allowable
Pearl should drill or set clean to virtually clean
Luster very high to excellent*

*South Sea pearls are known for their warm, satiny luster which does not typically exhibit the same reflective qualities of other cultured pearls.

your picis are brilliant by the way

hope your wife loves them, and wears them often :)

Last edited:
Oh boy those pearls are stunning. Your wife is a very lucky lady.

Late to this conversation, but that "AAA" from PPI is bad.... I've checked PPI on ebay before, and their prices are quite high, so I'm surprised their quality is actually sub-par. Moreover, the last pic shows they're kinda creamy so they look FWP-ish to me. I uploaded pic on my album on FWP vs SSP.

PP's pearls however, are stunning. That's how AAA should look like, congratulation on a good buy and your lucky wife too :)

Back