Opinion of South Sea Pearls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen plenty of goldens from Australia in Paspaley's grading room in Darwin and there were several in the morning's harvest when we were aboard the Paspaley III.

They are a sweet little percentage of the harvest that rarely come in the saturated golds of Indonesia -- mainly because the goal is perfect, white & round. ;)

So you are saying that all other pearls than the ones from Japan are completely natural? Interesting.
And calling natural coloured pearls natural pearls are misleading.

Hi Sweetie, er Mervione!
I don't know how you got that. I think he said only the color is natural. Please, show me in which post you saw it.

I didn't refer to his posts, I meant his signature.

"cultured pearls from Japan" This sort of imply that the other pearls (SSP, tahitians and freshwaters.) are natural. I'm just picky.

Goldens SSP's in Australia

Goldens SSP's in Australia

Thank you for your message to Effisk that there are Goldens in Australia.

Eugene

I have seen plenty of goldens from Australia in Paspaley's grading room in Darwin and there were several in the morning's harvest when we were aboard the Paspaley III.

They are a sweet little percentage of the harvest that rarely come in the saturated golds of Indonesia -- mainly because the goal is perfect, white & round. ;)

Posted Pearls

Posted Pearls

Hello Pattye, how are you? I am pleased to know you like the pearls I posted and the quality of them as well. I like posting our pearls because I can get feedback from the members and hear what they think about our pearls.

Hi Eugene,

Your pearls look like quality--I especially like the pastel strand and the silver pair of rounds.

Technically we ALL know that "cultured" must be in the title of of any kind of cultured pearls.

"Natural" is designated only to wild-grown pearls, except for "natural color cultured pearls"

Yes, I know.

We might know that almost all pearls today are cultured, I knew the second I saw his signature that he only mean cultured pearls, my point is that people that aren`t into pearls might think his other pearls are natural.

Besides, it`s not quite right to call akoya pearls "cultured pearls from Japan", I think it`s important for the costumer to know exactly what kind of pearl they are buying. (Yes, I know that akoyas are cultured.)

I`m not sure about you but I wouldn`t buy pearls with the name "cultured pearls from (insert a place name)".

Hi Mervione and Eugene,
strictly speaking you should also have the "cultured" together with Freshwater Pearls and if you refer to the Akoyas as "cultured pearls from Japan", you should either call them Akoyas or at least "cultured saltwater pearls" to make it clear to new pearl customers who haven?t got that far in pearl education yet.

I also do like your golden South Sea Strands very much, I really like the description with left and right in your studs, but I also would like to see the name listed, f. ex. Freshwater Pearls, Tahitian Pearls (the black studs probably are Tahitians but they also could be dyed black Freshwater pearls, again for those of us who have not been around pearls that long, a detailed description means less questions....

If your Golden SS are natural coloured, these strands would cost a fortune, especially if you can show certification of them. BTW they look to be excellently matched. A great job of the one who matched those lovely pearls. The very first strand looks smashing.
Thanks for lovely pictures.:)

Hi Eugene, could you say what lab did the certification for you? Thanks :)

No website. I have not seen a certificate from a recognized testing lab, though I heard that the GIA may have one- probably in Bangkok.

I am closing this thread until some real certification is done. If they are as perfect as they look, the cert price is a great investment for people who can't see and handle the pearls in person

#######
This goes for more people than just Eugene: When people come over asking for advice and then do not do as we suggest or ignore our suggestions and keep asking the same question, it has begun to annoy me.

When certification is suggested, it needs to be done so we can see what we have. When we suggest an appraisal and give a top appraisor's name, they should do it.

And of course, come back and share the results!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back