I bought these for my wife for Christmas and I honestly don’t know. First the certificate picture has 59 pearls and the necklace has 58. Second there’s no water mark in the center as I seen on some. Third the luster? Shine? Just doesn’t wow me. Don’t get me wrong the box certificate necklace everything looks real nice but just looking for some insight thanks

Attachments

• photo72158.jpg
    photo72158.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 54
  • photo72159.jpg
    photo72159.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
  • photo72160.jpg
    photo72160.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 62
Good morning Newbie, seems you have a Hanadama certificate there. From the photos the pearls seem like Hanadama Akoya for the most part. The central portion of the necklace seem a bit off from the other pearls to me, but it could just be the photo. Finally, Hanadama necklaces are graded as a whole and if the certificate says 59 pearls and you have 58....hmm

This is my take and advice: if it just does not fulfil your desires, just return it. Don't even think twice. Consider another pearl seller.

Welcome, gregbenson.m@gmail.com! :fest30:

I can't agree more with CortezPearls on "return it" and "Consider another pearl seller." I always encourage people who are at the beginning of their learning curves to stick to reputable vendors. Wish you find the right strand soon enough for Christmas! :D

Last edited:
I bought these from pearl source…? I tried looking up reviews but you really can’t trust anything. Are they trust worthy? If not suggestions thanks so much

GB, Thanks for posting this. I've seen fake reports and pearls that didn't match the reports the vendors were selling by size or number of pearls in the strands. This is just the place to bring this to everyone's attention. This vendor can't be trusted. Your Spidey senses were right to be wary.

I agree, with one additional question though: If the necklace was altered for length, ie. to shorten, remove a pearl or 2 again for length or to make earrings etc. at customer's request, the original certificate would match the original strand, while the count in hand will change. However, if you didn't request any length change, I'd be very wary ...

Yes, and if it was altered by the customer: Fine.
But in this case he never asked for the removal of the pearl..or pearls! To me, the pearls in the central look off, different from the rest, and when I have seen Hanadama: the matching is exquisite!

For the certificate to mean anything the PSL must respond quickly to queries as to validity. Contact them with details of the certificate and photos of the pearls. They will know to whom and for what the certificate was issued.
(whether you return or not)

Great recommendation Wendy

I would send those back as fast as possible. I would only buy certificated akoyas from an Honest and trustworthy seller such as Pearl Paradise!

Update! I talked directly with pearl source they claim there strands come in 19” and when you order only options 16-17-18” they have to remove pearls for sizing. Makes sense, as far as the pictures I went over the pearls and the luster is very uniformed over the hole necklace I think they where just bad pictures and then I went into a store to compare with just Akoya and they look real good compared to a necklace of 1700 at local place I spent 800. Also got a response from PSL. Appreciate everyone’s input and time.

Attachments

• photo72172.jpg
    photo72172.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 57
  • photo72173.jpg
    photo72173.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 55
Well, it does solve the mystery! :arms:
Hope your wife ENJOYS her Hanadama! Happy Holidays!

Back