Newbie Assisstance

PixieMoon

Hi, forum newbie here!
I've recently been working with Tahitians and am based in the U.K
I wonder if anyone can advise of great places to get findings, I already use eyepins, wire & cups but i was hoping that just to mix things up a bit that there are some fancy bead caps or something else out there, there seems plenty of choice for the smaller pearls just not the larger, I'm working with 8-13mm generally. Thank you in advance

Hello PixieMoon,

I am also in the UK. I buy my sterling silver and carat gold findings from Cookson Gold (cups, earring fitting and clasps) and from Palmers Metals (best for eyepins/headpins). Both great companies. For vermeil I buy from Thailand through Etsy (karensilverbead). I have tried other companies but these are the more reliable with good customer service.

I am rather jealous of the US finding companies; and have occasionally used Rio Grande, which was swift with surprisingly low postage costs.

Hope that helps.

You have to be careful with buying findings from abroad. They may not conform with EU rules.
I wouldn't buy anything from Cooksons. I buy from the people who make for them and get them to do custom pearl items

Hello PixieMoon,

I am also in the UK. I buy my sterling silver and carat gold findings from Cookson Gold (cups, earring fitting and clasps) and from Palmers Metals (best for eyepins/headpins). Both great companies. For vermeil I buy from Thailand through Etsy (karensilverbead). I have tried other companies but these are the more reliable with good customer service.

I am rather jealous of the US finding companies; and have occasionally used Rio Grande, which was swift with surprisingly low postage costs.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, I've been using Cooksongold, Burhouse Beads till now, I've seen what's available abroad and it's truly stunning, very jealous also, i'll certainly check out the recommendations

You have to be careful with buying findings from abroad. They may not conform with EU rules.
I wouldn't buy anything from Cooksons. I buy from the people who make for them and get them to do custom pearl items

I suppose eventually that would be the dream, to be able to deal direct and have things made to order, I certainly wouldn't buy from abroad without a specific recommendation. Thank you for the insight, it's very much appreciated from someone of your stature.

Major US suppliers to the jewelry industry, for example, Rio Grande and Stuller, note in their catalog listing if an item doesn't meet EU requirements. Ordering internationally is so common these days!

Thank you so much for the reply, very helpful, i'll look those both up.

Back