Newbie Anniversary necklace for wife help

On there site they don't have the size. We shall see. They also look very silver in the site but obviously that's the picture and white back ground.

This is the heading on the listing I linked you to (https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-2412-70-to-80-mm-metallic-white-freshwater-pearl-necklace.aspx):

7.0 to 8.0 mm Metallic White Freshwater Pearl Necklace

Which is about the size you were looking at in Freshadamas.
But they may have more pearls in the vault that are larger-- you won't know unless you ask.

You could ask for a side by side shot of 7-8mm white metallics and 7.5-8mm silver toned Freshadamas.

That's what I'll do. I'm sure Lynsey will take some good pics for me. Hopefully Jeremy has seen this post and he can give her heads up. I did email her this evening and told her what I have narrowed it down to.

Rymahoney, I recently had a Freshadama (Gem) custom double pearl bracelet 7.5 to 8.0 silver overtone, made by PP, and I am over the moon. The pearls are so lustrous no blemishes and round. I also ordered from the last month sale pair of Akoya 9.0 earrings. This was my first purchase of the Gem Grade Freshadama and Akyoa, so prior to this I had no visual experience of the two. The two types of pearls together are stunning, the Gem Grade rivals the Akoya. I wear pearls everyday so freshwaters or freshadamas would be my vote for your wife. Lynsey is very good, I selected my strand for the bracelet out of three strands.

double pearl bracelet 7.5 to 8.0 silver overtone, made by PP

Freshadama custom double pearl bracelet 7.5 to 8.0  silver overtone, made by Pearl Paradise

I wish I had not emailed Lynsey already and talked to her on phone I would send her a picture of this and tell her I want this tone. But I don't want to be a pain.

Very nice!!!

I wish I had not emailed Lynsey already and talked to her on phone I would send her a picture of this and tell her I want this tone. But I don't want to be a pain.

Very nice!!!

Rymahoney - It is much less work for PP to get the order right the first time, than to have you return an item and reorder. They know that. So, don't hesitate to contact them before the order is sent out to get things corrected.

Red is right-- if you have not already done so, call PP and clarify with them what you want ASAP.

@BWeaves- Lovely pearls! Do you know the exact pearl size range listed(7.0-8.0 mm, 7.5- 8.0 mm, 8.0-9.0 mm, 8.5-9.0 mm)?

@Rymahoney (also wondering what anyone else thinks of this) it just occurs to me that South Sea pearls tend to have a softer, more satiny luster than akoyas. So I'm thinking perhaps the larger, slightly lower grade white freshies might resemble them. :)

Both sets of pearls were 7.5 - 8 mm.

Here is my AA+ 7-7.5 mm akoya strand next to my 8-8.5 mm Freshadama strand from PP.

AA+ 7-7.5 mm akoya strand next to my 8-8.5 mm Freshadama strand from PPAA+ 7-7.5 mm akoya strand next to my 8-8.5 mm Freshadama strand from PPAkoya & Freshadama Nested.jpg

The luster of the akoyas is a little bit higher than the Freshadamas, but not by much. I would go for the larger size, personally. If your wife someday feels that the 7.5-8 mm size is no longer large enough for her, you could add a second strand and make it a double -- it's a great size for a double. (Or combine a larger size strand with the smaller one, like I did.)

The 7.0-7.5 mm size feels too small to me now. Even 10 years ago when I bought them, I always wore the akoyas as a double or triple strand.

Akoya double 2.JPGAkoya double 1.JPGAkoya triple 2.jpg

Kay, gosh these are all so beautiful together, love the double and triple.

I can not figure out how to post these pictures I have..... I can not do it from her computer

Last edited:
How to upload photos from a computer.
1. Click on Manage Attachments. This opens a small window, the File Upload Manager.
2. Click the green + button to "Add files".
3. Click "Choose File". This opens a large window to your computer files. Find the photo file you want to upload.
4. Highlight the one you selected and Choose it. The large window will go away.
5. On the small File Upload Manager window you should now see the name of the file you have chosen. Click "Upload".
6. Next to Manage Attachments you should now see the name of the photo you have uploaded.
7. If you have more photos to upload, repeat the process-- click "Choose File" on the small File Upload Manager window, etc.
8. When you are done uploading, click Preview Post to see your post, or just Submit.
9. If you want to add more photos or remove photos later, return to Manage Attachments.

I will have to post pics when I get acesss to a computer. We only have a mac book and it's my wife's. No clue how to use it. I ruled out the Metallics they are to small. Averaged 7.2. So I have 3 freshadama's to choose from.

KaySD
Thanks for the pics. What tone are your freshadama's

I bought mine when they had a few 8-8.5 mm strands on sale (they don't usually carry that size). They were described as having an ivory overtone. I asked for the strand that was closest to white with rose overtones (what my akoya strand is). They are not a perfect match, but are pretty close. and the price was good. The rose overtones seem to flatter my pale skin the best, although I also have a very silvery white South Sea strand that looks good too. For darker skin, the silver may be more flattering.

Is your anniversary soon? PP has a great return policy. You could order 2 shades and let your wife choose which she prefers on her. (Wrap up your first choice to give to her, but then show her the other option afterwards.)

Rymahoney, don't hesitate to email Lynsey as needed to clarify your thoughts/wishes. She has terrific instincts AND great patience, as I have reason to know ... :)

Akoya is 18" and Freshadama is 19" to nest. I would not order smaller than 18". If she prefers it a little shorter for some outfits, she can use a simple device called a "pearl shortener" to make the strand wear shorter temporarily.

Thanks everyone I will try and figure out posting pics tomorrow for yall to see. Honestly they all look the same to me. One maybe has slightly more rose tint to it. I'll have Lynsey tell me what the tones look like in. Person tomorrow.

Back