New PGN Article: Big Pearls in the OC! (Orange County Fashion Week)

BTW, there IS a man grimacing in the background behind the pretty blonde with the pearl City-rope and double-strand pearl bracelet. I saw no pics of a woman wearing double cotton-balls on the grounds, however, So we can't say for sure if he's a 'donor', or not.

We'd respect his privacy anyway, goes without saying. ;-) (sympathetic nods)

Last edited:
Funny! Back in my early 20s, when I was still living with my parents, I took Mom food shopping. One evening at the supermarket I saw a package of meat that wasn't identified, and pointed it out to Mom (whose grandmother was a butcher.) She laughed and told me they were bull testicles. She said they were good breaded and fried.

So...we bought them, breaded and fried them!
Tasty. :D

Really.
Like how tasty? Liver? Steak? Pot roast? What's the flavor? They just looked so... Round. Bloody.

Well, rats, I missed a rare treat because a bunch of cowboys were smirking at a young-twenties me? Rats!!! Those smirks made me too suspicious. I thought I was being set up for a bite of Ick-and-spit-out.

Rats! There goes all my satisfaction in my neat evasion.

PearlDreams, where were you raised? You're on the east coast now, but you were somewhere where butchering livestock was common, or nearby?

were they Italian breadcrumbs? Because just about everything tastes good with Italian breadcrumbs...

Last edited:
Lisa,

I was born and raised in Connecticut but my parents immigrated in their early 20s from northern Italy. I am an adventurous eater as I was exposed to a wide variety of ethnic foods as a child. I also lived in rural central Africa for over 8 years, so I've eaten kudu, hippo, duiker, caterpillars and lots of other weird stuff. I can't think of anything I won't eat, provided it's prepared well.

Oh, they were messing with me, of that I'm sure. I apparently Mis-read how, though!

Well, hey, I'm an adult, nothing says I can't try them now! Or, when I get my stove fixed, and find a source.

Lisa,

I was born and raised in Connecticut but my parents immigrated in their early 20s from northern Italy. I am an adventurous eater as I was exposed to a wide variety of ethnic foods as a child. I also lived in rural central Africa for over 8 years, so I've eaten kudu, hippo, duiker, caterpillars and lots of other weird stuff. I can't think of anything I won't eat, provided it's prepared well.

1)The proper breadcrumbs and seasonings are all-important!
2) but did you sample all their (ahem) parts?
3) What a fascinating bunch of stories you could tell us!

Rocky mountain oysters!

Er, I'll just see myself out...

LOL!!!

Hey, where you goin'?
don't go yet!
your glass ain't empty,
and we just met!

(Joni Mitchell, Raised on Robbery, of course)

but don't go yet! I haven't convinced you to surrender your burdensome pearls for $20 yet!

Last edited:
Back