New Ideas for Pearly Pendants

Yet another...

Yet another...

Thank you Pernula!
Josh here's something I made with Kamoka pearls, just this afternoon. I know it's rather trendy, but that's all a cycle anyhow.
Ciao!
(back to the water with you and your expanding pearl brain!)

Attachments

• kamoka pendant.jpg
    kamoka pendant.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 34
Thank you both! The photo isn't so super, but that is a little brown diamond in the center (about half a carat), the Kamoka pearls around it range from 8.5 - 9.5mm (beautiful colors!), and the bottom pearl is 13.9. It's been on my special tray for years, waiting for the perfect fit. I am very happy with the way this turned out. Fun to share, fun to wear.

Sarah this piece is just lovely - it must be pretty impressive in person. Total dimensions? It must be fairly large?
I also loved your use of topaz in the previous piece - your work is gorgeous!

keshi

keshi

Hey Josh, here is a photo of a "huge" piece of Chinese fresh water "keshi". The pendant pearl is about 3/4 of an inch wide and just a tad longer, it is politely strung on a matching 3mm strand of faceted "imperial" topaz beads. I really like this combination, the topaz beads bring out all the rainbows of the natural colors of the fresh water pearl.

(in other "keshi news" I have been having tonnes of fun, designing new necklaces with the KAMOKA keshi, although not the same color range, I find the glow of keshi so soft and complimentary to the skin.. I will show you some of those pieces in the Tahitian forum)

(Valeria 101, this is what I meant to show you before when you asked about drilling the big fresh water keshi, sorry for the delay!)

Akoya and John, Thank you both so very much for your compliments.
I try to make every piece.. "mezurashi".. and I try to giggle every day too.

Cheers

My goodness !!! Love it, love it, love it. This one really spoke to me.:)
I really like the cross too. Do you have pic of the back side? I am curious. I look forward to your knotting video.

Sarah,

Just lovely--you really capture the essence of each pearl, and I love the gems with them also. The colors on those large keishi are enchanting! Fabulous cross, LOVE the size------Dunno how I missed these yesterday--oh yeah, it was nice here so I did yard work. Today I can review the photos on the forum as I recuperate and try not to move.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Nerida, and Hanaleimom

This photo is of the back of the pendant. From the top of the bail to the bottom of the biggest pearl it is just a hair longer than two inches, and it is an inch wide, (at it's widest point). It weighs 12.3 grams! This pendant is not small.... Thanks ladies!

Pattye, ever tried Traumeel? Topical arnica for muscle strain, it's amazing! I can't wait to have a garden again!

Cheers

Attachments

• back of pendant.jpg
    back of pendant.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 32
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the tip about traumeel, I have never tried it, but I certainly will! Bet it will work just fine on "beader's elbow" too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Sarah,

What fun and unique stuff!! They are all lovely.

Kojima,

Just wanted to be one more of the masses to say thanks for sharing, and WOW, your designs are wonderfully unique and classy!

Back