New Ideas for Pearly Pendants

kojimapearl

Hello pearly people,
In an effort to widen the scope of the ways that pearls can be used in pendants. I offer four examples of how to avoid looking like everyone else . The first photo is a big swirly opal cabochon with Tahitian keshi set all around it, and a small purple garnet on top, to add color. The second photo is of a new piece, large white "petals" of second harvest Chinese fresh water pearls, again set around a small garnet. And the third is one of my personal favorites, a cluster of mixed color zircons, with a cameo carved with the three graces and a brown Tahitian pearl drop.The fourth pendant uses a Chinese fresh water pearl, three orange sapphires, rhodochrosite and cut piece of south sea pearl shell, I realize that these are considered very large to the average woman. But as they say in Texas... "Go Big or Go home".

Hope you enjoy these.
Cheers, Sarah

Attachments

• opal and keshi pendant.jpg
    opal and keshi pendant.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 2nd harvest pendant.jpg
    2nd harvest pendant.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 23
  • zircon and cameo pendant.jpg
    zircon and cameo pendant.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 24
  • sun pendant.jpg
    sun pendant.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 27
Beautiful! But all I can think of are the roundish Tahitian keshi :cool: ... in just about every form of aggregation.

And a side question:
Are any of the large petal pearls thick enough to set on posts and wear as earrings?

Hi Sarah,

I too like # 2 but I like the last one even better, colourwise. And I really like the bail on the last one.

Hi Sarah,

Wow, fun to see these again! You had some at the Gem Show that I admired then. Love the petal pearl pendant! Could any of these have an enhancer bail put on to be worn with a pearl necklace also? Also love the cameo with pearls, oh heck, love them all!!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Wow! Beautiful, original, interesting...fabulous! I love them all.

Thanks so much for sharing. I especially like number one -- the unusual shape does it for me.

Hi Sarah

I too remember the petal one, especially. Did you make any of them? Can you mention who made them if you didn't?

What a great post! My husband very generously gave me a ring that he never wears anymore. It has a 8x6mm sapphire that he wants me to have set in a pendant with my new pearls, using the gold from the ring to help pay for the work. I wasn't sure how the sapphire would work with the pearls, so it is really nice to see these examples.

Petals

Petals

Valeria101: I'm sorry I don't understand your use of "aggregation", and in answer to your "side question" YES! it is possible to make post-earrings from some petals, although I think the ones in the photograph may drown the ear. My step-mom loves to wear "petal-studs" I will try to find a photo of that for you. Petals catch the light very sweetly.
Smiles, Sarah

Pearl pendants

Pearl pendants

Caitlin, These pendants are part of a jewelry line that I have made in Vietnam. I spent nearly three years living in and out of Ho Chi Minh City. On my first visit I started working with a wonderful man named Nhan (pronounced nyun). When we started working together, I spoke three words of vietnamese ("hello, "thank you" and "ice-cream") and he spoke even less english. We relied solely on sketches. Now he has ten employees, and we giggle back and forth in both languages. I am very blessed to work with him. He is a wonderful human and a great jeweler. It took a good while for him to believe I wanted to make such "outrageous" pieces. Now he really enjoys the challenge and each piece seems to show that!
Cheers, Sarah

enhancers for pendants

enhancers for pendants

Pattye, Yes I think it would be possible to clip off the bail and apply an enhancer. I try to make the bails on these pendants really large to accomodate being strung on pearls up to 4.5mm. I like to string them on ribbon, or on long strands of smaller Chinese fresh water pearls. They are pretty dramatic either way.
Many blessings, Sarah

Wow !
I adore the opal pendant Sarah. It's beautiful - as they all are, but opals, sigh, I just love opals - they are my other great passion.

Seeing all the creations people make on this site is very motivating. I have strung pearls before and this makes me want to do it again.

I love the flower petals.

kojimapearl said:
Valeria101: I'm sorry I don't understand your use of "aggregation"

Oh... just a saying: 'in any form of aggregation' = in every way possible.

kojimapearl said:
YES! it is possible to make post-earrings from some petals, although I think the ones in the photograph may drown the ear. ... I will try to find a photo of that for you.

How lovely! Thanks :) I wouldn't care to see any ear lobe from under the pearl. And they can be pierced slightly on the side, can't they? I've been looking for a while for some peatl pearls that are large, not paper-thin and of interesting color. In your picture some large petals seem to have more then one color on them... Lots of nice ones there!

Those huge round keshi in the first photo are incredible in that big keshi very rarely comes round or even roundish. Good to see some originality here. Can you post more pics of the weird fresh water stuff that's out there?

These are truly lovely pendants - very imaginative combinations! I especially enjoyed hearing about your relationship with Nhan. Evidence shows it to be not only one with giggles but with great results...
John

These are truly lovely pendants - very imaginative combinations! I especially enjoyed hearing about your relationship with Nhan. Evidence shows it to be not only one with giggles but with great results...
John

Kojima you have blown my MIND with your desighs. I visited your site and from a jewerly designer's point of view I find your collection outstanding. As I do not master the english language very well I wish I could find other words to describe the sentiments your jewels arise in me. keep up the good work.:)

Another Day, Another Pendant..

Another Day, Another Pendant..

Hey Josh, here is a photo of a "huge" piece of Chinese fresh water "keshi". The pendant pearl is about 3/4 of an inch wide and just a tad longer, it is politely strung on a matching 3mm strand of faceted "imperial" topaz beads. I really like this combination, the topaz beads bring out all the rainbows of the natural colors of the fresh water pearl.

(in other "keshi news" I have been having tonnes of fun, designing new necklaces with the KAMOKA keshi, although not the same color range, I find the glow of keshi so soft and complimentary to the skin.. I will show you some of those pieces in the Tahitian forum)

(Valeria 101, this is what I meant to show you before when you asked about drilling the big fresh water keshi, sorry for the delay!)

Akoya and John, Thank you both so very much for your compliments.
I try to make every piece.. "mezurashi".. and I try to giggle every day too.

Cheers

Attachments

• keshi pendant.jpg
    keshi pendant.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 32
Sarah,

You designs are exceptionally beautiful and original. Matching the keishi with imperial topaz beads is just brilliant. I LOVE it!

Cheers,
Pernula

Back