New Harvest Vietnamese natural color Akoya pearls

multi color Akoya

multi color Akoya

Very prety

Are they all from same farm? Are they color specific to subspecies?
Very saleable at a fair price./

Norm

They are from 3 farms, 2 near Halong Bay in the North of from a farm near NaTrang north of Ho Chi Min city. They are from Pinctada Fucata oysters.
2-3 mm are more expensive than bigger akoya strands because they are labor intensive and a lot more pearls are needed. Standard size is also not 16 inch but 18 inch

cees dropped by today and the colors are quite spectacular if these would be in a lot of natural abalone pearls i would be fooled the strong blue tones are crazy and where i normally don't use pearls under 5mm i had to take a lot out for future use :) now i just need to make sure i keep them far away from my lots of smaller abalone pearls so they don't get mixed up

_MG_3788.jpg

_MG_3747.jpg

going to be fun drilling the 3mm ones

I know just what those colours look like Daniel and they are truly amazing. I never quite believed that they were intensely blue till I saw them in real life. I was kicking myself that I went there on my last day and they had no wifi and could take only cash. Sadly I'd run into Cees earlier...he took all the money I had left.. lol

I cannot imagine trying to drill all those little teeny pearls. I've never tried it on my machine but can't believe it works on 3mm. I'd probably need a big fancy pants machine like Wendy has !

The Blue Baroque Akoyas- Be still my heart!!!

I felt like I was looking at the ocean itself, waves and all.

IF you feel more inclined to post more pictures... I may download them and make them my phone background.

I've added an intense blue strand to my bucket list of "to own one day."

Dear MKG, 16 inch is the standard length, but they can be made in longer lengths also. A new harvest is coming in soon. At this moment there are no nice strands in stock.

Back