Need Opinions on Pearl Klonk

Wowza, BN! You never fail to surprise me. Those are amazing.

Now that you've had your klonks for awhile, what do you think of them?

P.S. Note to self: I'm obviously going to have to dig into the bottom of my jewelry drawer and start wearing some of my forgotten gems.

Last edited:
I've posted this picture before, but it is one of my favorite - mostly mum's, but it's our family of klonkers!
Plus family cat, Toro.

My WSSP is smaller 9mm-13mm
Mum's WSSP 11.5-15.5mm
GSSP 12-15.5mm
Tahitian 13-16mm
1.2.3.4. South Sea Pearls 1.jpg

BN, the fw klonks do look really good dyed gray!
Purranha, nice collection of SSPs! :)

Hey, Toro is pretty darn cute. My cat would probably try to bite the pearls. :)

Resurrecting this thread. Whatever happened to the klonks? Anyone still buying klonks these days and how's the availability?

Hi all & Perlas I just came across this thread that was bumped in April 2016. Thought I would share my big pearls (klonks) and a little information as requested above. I purchased in March 2015. The pearls are non-graduated which helped sell me on the strand. Freshwater all nacre, tissue nucleated, 12.0mm to 12.5mm White, high luster, pink overtone AAA. I love wearing them, I feel like a queen! Cees of Amsterdam Pearl Ltd. was very excited about them in his post (I cannot locate it now). He told me he rarely comes across this quality and size in a freshwater. Cees compared them to the next best thing or close to South Seas, in size and color. My point of the post is that Cees @ Amsterdam searches hard for tissue freshwaters, along with other pearls, and I would recommend contacting him.

The price tag compares to a great AAA Tahitian oval or near round strand. They are from the Hong Kong Gem show, I believe. After much advise from Senior Pearl members on this forum and shopping around I decided to purchase the pearls in a hank form. They are near round, eye round and have good luster. Few light blemishes on clean skins, but over all for the size and how long they must remain in the water they are great! I am a happy pearl girl!

IMG_7596.jpgIMG_7637.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_7597.jpg

Clasp 12mm Laser

Attachments

• IMG_7598.jpg
    IMG_7598.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Thanks Katbran, I know you are familiar with Cees' pearls. I think I fixed the picture, but now its flipping... oh well.
Pattye did the beautiful stringing!

Last edited:
Wow! Stunning pearls Frost Me. They look beautiful on you.

Frost me.. they just look wow on you. you must be enjoying them tremendously

Do farms even produce the large size in non-beaded?

I love klonks! So glad to see one!!!! And such a beautiful one.

The big pearls that are solid nacre take ten years to grow. Now that nucleated klonks are more and more available, they only take 18 months or so to grow. My personal opinion is that ten year klonks are going to get rare in short order and they are already rare, even before the new nucleated pearls. So that is a rare find already and probably next to impossible to find in another few years.

Sorry about my garbled sentence structure, I am just so in awe of that strand. As good as a natural, in my opinion.

I think that is the most beautiful klonk ever seen on Pearl-Guide!!!

Thank you for all your compliments. Pearls are an addiction and searching for them gives me a lot of energy. As South Sea pearls do cost so much, it is so nice to be able to find excellent alternatives and Fresh Water cultured pearls have nowadays those. The luster and surface is good and white pearls with pink overtones is also possible. The Chinese however do not have the same criteria about pearls being round and that makes it bit more difficult to accept strands which are offered. Luckily some wholesales allow pearls to be changed on the spot so that a more beautiful strand is created. I am flattered and that I am able to do this, because my quantities are small. However I admire Hisano and Jeremy a lot. They show me beautiful pearls on the Fair and when I see beautiful ones, I show them.

Back