• Become a Pearl Insider!

Register as a member today for exclusive access to, member only insider info, incredible contests to exotic locations, and have your questions answered by pearl experts from around the world.

Join the community today. Just click Register at the top!

Need advice on where to buy oval connector links

86Corvettegirl

I need advice on where to buy oval connector links for a wire wrapping project. I don't want large links. I'm looking for links that are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch long. I'd like to buy some Sterling links & some gold filled or vermeil links. I've seen links on Etsy but they're mostly too large. Any recommendations on where I can find reasonably priced links & clasps? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'n new to this wire wrapping so I'm starting small but plan some bigger projects once I get the hang of it.

pattye

Pearl Scholar
Perhaps check with RioGrande.com. It's easy to set up an account with them; you don't have to be in business.

Sometimes I've separated links from a chain to get the size I want. Nothing is really wasted as both gold fill and sterling/vermeil scrap can be recycled (also at RioGrande).

Parrot Lady

I usually cut apart chain to get the links I want, and count me in as another vote for Rio. They have such great customer service.

86Corvettegirl

Thank you, ladies, for your advice. I have opened an account with Rio & have a few things on my list. I have a couple of rose gold chains that I'm thinking about using for a tin cup.