naturally black CFWP necklace

Judging by the photo, they are Freshwater but the coloring is indicative of CFWP that are died. Also, if the close up photo of the clasp is an indication of the quality of pearls that are used for this necklace, they seem to be very pitted and the coloring is very uneven. Extremely low quality pearls.

If you are looking for a three strand black Freshwater necklace, I suggest contacting any of the retailers that participate on this forum and have them quote you a price for the exact lengths and quality that you are looking for.

Hi FX,

The pearls are the wrong color for woodianas. Chinese woodianas are more a silvery tealish green, Laotians tend to be in the purple silver range, and the Vietnamese ones are a very deep, almost black, forest green. The picture in this auction looks like average Chinese dropshipper photo that may or may not bear a vague resemblence to the product offered.

Zeide

ok, thanks Angela and Zeide.

Nothing new under the sun.

Thanks for the info about the variation of colors depending on the origin of the FW pearls.

Angela, I'm not interested in buying on eBay, I'm just trying to sharpen my eyes. :)

Hi efX

I bought some 10+mm pearl just like that from Evergreen at the Tucson Gem Show last year- for $8.00 per. So the 6-7mm would have been about $4 per. And that price was Evergreen?s highest because I only bought a kilo or so. Quantity would have sent the price way down.

Did you see the picture of my Woodianas? I forget which Thread, maybe ?my design? Look at that color.

Of course, I actually like the dyed colors in CFWP- which is why I am so ?lowly? a beader. ;) I like CFWP the sellers here would regard as junk, (and rightfully so!)

Hi Caitlin,
I think the statement goes, "One person's junk is another person's treasure!" ;) That's what makes life interesting. If we all liked the exact same thing, wouldn't life be boring.

Hi Amanda
And it is just that tolerant and inclusive attitude that I appreciate so much from the sellers who share this Forum with us "lowly" beaders! Thanks!

Back