Natural Pearl

R

roela0

Good afternoon,

I am following the threads on this forum with great interest. I am not sure if this is the right forum to post my question, but I do not know where to turn. I have 2 antique (1920's) rings with natural pearls and I would like to sell them. However, I have no idea how to find parties who are interested in natural (not cultured) pearls. Maybe I may ask if any forum member knows a company or person who might be interested in these rings.
Thank you very much in advance.
Roela

Hi Roela

A lot depends how big a hurry you are in, then on the size and condition of your pearl jewelry, but if they are good ones and well cared for, they will sell at an auction house. Sotheby's & Butterfield are 1st water -or contact Antiques by the Bay or equivalent if turned down by the best houses. I have seen lots of natural pearls in all their catalogs over the years. They like to have natural and vintage cultured pearls in every auction they can.

You may also put photos and descriptions (where are they from, etc) up here and see if anyone contacts you. This forum will come up high in a search, if anyone anywhere searches for "Natural pearls" for instance. Do you have any paperwork on them? Describing any paperwork or appraisals would be helpful too.

Frankly, though I am not in the market myself, I have a passion for natural pearls and would dearly love to see photos of yours and hear the story.

Good luck
Caitlin

Dear Caitlin,

Thank you for your reply and advice, at this moment I have only one ring left since I sold the other one. I have bought this ring from a friend, who unfortunately did not know the "real story" of this specific ring. I know that it is a platinum ring with 6 small diamonds (around 0.10 or .20 tcw). The pearl is in very good condition with a beautiful luster; it is bouton shaped and I think about 6 mm (I do not have specialized measurement equipment). I do not have an appraisal since I know the ring is genuine. But of course, getting an appraisal is no problem. I will post some pictures of the ring, but documents I can load must be light so I don't know how they will be visible.
I am curious to learn your reaction.
Kind regards,
Roela

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 62
What a lovely ring! I fell in love with it and I am sure anyone who sees it, will too.

The best of luck. I hope posting here is a help!
Caitlin

Back