Natural Oyster,Conch, Abalone and Scallop pearls

I could have sworn I read a post by Caitlin where she confirmed they do indeed fade. What a pity but not a deterent by any means. Found this gazing at my favorite metal, mokume gane. It's by Steve Midgett. Love it! Would love it more without those silly diamonds.

Attachments

• conchpin.jpg
    conchpin.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 50
I normally am not a fan of jewelry with diamonds in it but that conch pearl necklace is just gorgeous!

Those pink and white conch pearls look like special valentine's M&M:)

Thanks for sharing,
Pernula

jshepherd said:
Boghossian in Geneva did create a triple strand of varied-hue conch pearls and briolette cut diamonds. The pearls were every shade from white to deep pink,

Hello,

I am wondering about mixing rondelle or biolette cut diamond with pearl, conch or not,
I have been reported the hardness of diamond, would - at final- "cut" the pearl and damage the pearls, if diamonds and pearls are too close on the strand.
I have seen a conch pearls strand mixed with black diamonds, what a beauty !!

what is your opinion ?

That should take allot of wear! For a jewel like that... not likely.

The roundel beads have flat facets on the sides, nothing sharp. Other types do not, and still found them used with pearls - even the scratchiest rough beads. Folks just do not seem to care whether jewelry has been designed to last. Strange that, but understandable. :eek:

Back