Myanmar Magic

New Zealand Natural Pearl

Posies.jpg
Vase (Keshi Pearl) flowers- Sapphire Briolettes set
in 18ct Yellow Gold

Wow, really nice use of gems with the pearl. Lovely and wearable creation!

Wow !
Now that's what I call a creation...
Beautiful, NZNP.

So is the gold cap and mounting post for the keshi pearl built with small cup holders for the inverted briolletes? I love mixing colored gemstones with pearls- I think the colors you've chosen (esp mixed with yellow gold!) are quite dynamic. :)

I would really like a picture of the piece from the back to see how the piece is holding together- would you mind posting additional shots? It seems so very clever! Nice work!!

I have to add ditto to all of the above posts! Exquisite combo! Can you give an idea of size? I have seen some very small perfect sapphire brios like that!

Inverted brios, hmmmmm. A whole new world... It looks to me like they are standing using wire that fits tightly so that they don't move. Something that happens by accident to me when I want them to hang freely. How are they anchored? It looks like they are threaded through the pearl, and maybe the gold "flowers" sticking up are the wire ends. That would be soooo clever. I would also love to know sizes. By the way I love the way the wire hanger is shaped. There is quite a long thread somewhere else dealing with an odd shaped pearl and the shape of the hanger in the design. This one is so simple, but completely compliments the overall look. Great job!!!

That is really clever. I like the design a lot. A great little vase of flowers. How is the gold band attached that surrounds the base of the flowers?

How the Vase is Made

How the Vase is Made

Photo of the Back of Vase attached.
It is made up of 9 sapphire briolettes
Each twisted and soldered and glued into
the pearl. The pearl is 27 x 14mm. The ring around is soldered,pinned
and glued. It is that simple.Back of Vase.jpg

Last edited:
That is just darling!!!

Carol

Wow- 27x14?!?! That is one large Keshi!!! :) I thought that you had done something like that with the wire posts holding the sapphires, but had to ask to be sure- soldered together onto one single mounting post, correct? For some reason I keep envisioning all these tiny little drill holes on top of the pearl lol! :)

Ashley,
"Tiny little drill holes on top of the pearl"
Yes, me too.....
It's the eye fooling the brain (or brain fooling the eye, can't remember which way around) as we're so used to vases of flowers with long stems going down into the vase....:)
Whatever, it's gorgeous and very clever, that's for sure.

This is really cute and sweet. something to give a young lady at College Graduation with her undergrad degree.. again very sweet indeed!

My hubby can give me something like that when I graduate with my advanced degree and I won't complain one bit!
barbie

Gorgeous. I tend to like pearls alone because they have a unique refractory quality, but the magical play of light across the briolette facets works beautifully with the pearl nacre!

Back