My Pearls

lovetahitians

After lurking forver, I finally posted last week asking for advice on an Akoya necklace. I passed on the necklace but came out of lurkdome :)

This is an excellent site, and I'm very thankful to all of you for saving me from expensive mistakes.

Now, onto the pics!

Back in the mid-late 90's I purchased my first tahitian pearl. It's set in a pendant and it started peeling at one of the drill holes. Back then, I spent a fortune on one 11mm pearl with crappy luster. Prices have seemed to drop since then, or maybe I just really overpaid. Not sure. Either way, I still wear it and that pearl got me interested in tahitians.

mult-color strand

Attachments

• IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 52
Multi color and PP silver/blue akoyas, and both multis together.

ooh, got the hang of posting more than one.

Attachments

• IMG_5528.jpg
    IMG_5528.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5285.jpg
    IMG_5285.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 43
first ever tahitian pendant and earrings.

That's all I have (for now). My dream strand is an excellent luster peacock in the 10-11 range.

Attachments

• IMG_4127.jpg
    IMG_4127.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 42
What a treat to see all your lovely pearls. I'm sure you surmised that neck-shots are a favorite around here! Stick around and you might just decide that you love much more than Tahitians... ;)

Great colors and size! They are very attractive on your neck-- we do love neck shots! :)

Thanks, GemGeek and Pearl Dreams.

GemGeek- My appreciation for akoyas has grown since I saw your thread on your hanadamas. They're just perfect. I've even started searching for akoyas online and in stores here, but nothing seems to compare to your strand. I keep hearing alot of "these are AAA pearls", but they always look dull. Nothing like I picture.

ahh well, my anniversary is coming up in August. Think I'll just bite the bullet and get the strand.

Hanadamas are worth holding out for because the nacre-depth means they will last a long long time. And the nacre-depth is what makes them beautiful. And you know how I feel about those natural-whites! ;)

Back