My Keshis

I have bought the white keshis and am thinking of buying the grey ones. Can anyone give me a rough idea what I should be paying. I paid 1500.00 U.S. for the white ones and the requested price for the grey is 500.00. Does this seem fair? I have tried to research and am not finding anything on line. This is what the vendor said about the white ones;The pearls that you purchased are fresh water from the orient. They are very good pearls and very unique in the way they are very large baroque with keshis growing out of them. A freak of mother nature.& I have seen pearls on the internet, but never any like the ones I have. I search the world over for the biggest, prettiest, and most unusual pearls I can find to have the most unusual collection around. The grade of this strand would be very good, nice color and luster. The silver ball clasp has Swarovski crystals in it. The pearls are strung on silk and knotted. If you had to replace them, if you could find a strand equal to them, I would have them insured at least for 3500.00, if not more.

Attachments

• DSC00179.jpg
    DSC00179.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 30
  • Keshi Baroque Grey.jpg
    Keshi Baroque Grey.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 28
My Keshi's

My Keshi's

Hi Bodecia,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate your knowledge and expertise in this matter. Do you have any idea what the grey souffle's would be worth? Thanks again!

Sandra: I'm pretty new here too, but I can tell you there are several folks here on PG that sell the type of pearls you are looking for, at fair prices! I have seen several strands I would LOVE to buy!!! Look around in some of the posts, folks have their web addresses in their sig lines. I think you will find what you are looking for, and not have to worry whether you are getting a fair price!

Hi Dawn,

Are your gray souffle pearls color treated/irridiated? All the ones I've seen previously are natural colors.

Hi Sandra,

Your white pearls are pretty and fun. You paid a full retail price for them. Doubt they would ever appraise for $3,500. It is too difficult to evaluate the quality of the gray strand of keshi type pearls from the photo.

Hi pattye,

They have not been treated as far as I know. I don't think they have and still have a fewspares which I am going to make into earrings. So will examine them to the best of my ability.

Just did and they appear to be naturally coloured. The colours in my quick photos aren't really showing up too well. There are a lot of pinks and purples in there too and the light here at the moment is lousy. Might try to take some better ones of them tomorrow if I get time and some good sunlight.

Dawn - Bodecia
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 - natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover.
http://shop.ebay.com/dawncee333/m.html

Admin Mode. It was determined that the deleted posts were selling, which is not allowed. Neither is a seller contacting a member first.

Back