My grandmothers pearls

lmazza

I've had my grandmothers pearls for several yrs. packed away, I've always wondered if they were genuine pearls and what kind of pearl. I've attached one picture of each (4 total). These four strands are different colors from a light tan to a light yellowish color.
Can someone help me please? Thank you Linda

Attachments

• DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0007.jpg
    DSCN0007.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 22
Hi. Welcome.

some technicalities.
It would be nice to have a photo with all four strands side by side.
Did you do the tooth test? ie, is each strand gritty on the edge of the tooth- or smooth?
Tell us about the clasps and what kind of metal they are.
Close ups of everything would help us better guess.

Your pearls look interesting, especially the necklace on the top at the right. But you do need to take more photos of each and include clasps with some of the photos, that is clasp and pearls, especially the top, right hand one. Try to take the photos on macro and also get them close without blurring. Take the photos on something like white kitchen paper or white linen or cotton.

Also give sizes of pearls in each necklace and as Caitlin said test if they feel gritty on your teeth. Clasps can be very important as they may indicate what the pearls aree. And close up photos are much better.

Do check out the top, right hand necklace as it is possible they could be naturals but your photos are too blurry to tell.

Dawn - Bodecia
http://www.ebay.com/sch/dawncee333/m.html
eBay Seller ID dawncee333 and natural pearl collector and all round pearl lover

Back