My freshadamas and more.....

Casey, your collection is beautiful. Like Nerida the baroque akoyas were before my time here too.:( I was coveting the pictures I saw on the forum and greedily snapped up 3 strands from the Pearl Outlet when I saw them. I plan to give one away(if I can stand to!!), keep one and make a double bracelet and earrings of the last. Can hardly wait!!!

Hi Casey,

Nice to meet you via photo! Your collection is wonderful, something for every outfit!

I am starting to see a few of the natural light blue akoyas offered a few places. Not always stating that they are untreated. I do feel from what has been written here about the multi-color from Vietnam (offered by The Pearl Outlet) with the thick nacre, and their very limited harvests, one would be much less likely to find that pearl or quality elsewhere.

Knotty, what size and price are you seeing?

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I don't recall pricing. I've seen the silver blue akoyas, now that you mention it, as well as the multi-color akoyas. I'm guessing 7MM approximately, perhaps 8MM. Absolutely untreated. The multi-color akoyas were not billed as Vietnamese.

Thanks everyone! Bodecia the blue earrings are Australian. But I sure want Cortez pearls at some point. I have yet to see baroque akoyas in the stores around here but I guess it's only a matter of time. I love mine.
Gemgeek, here is Peter with his brother TC.
TC has been blind ( can see light and shadows) since kittenhood and Peter helps him out.
tcpeter.jpg

Oh how precious! And I can absolutely tell they are the non-shedding variety :) of kitties and sweet as can be. I love all your pearls and your pic.

Beautiful collection! Your exotics are stunning. I love the baroques as well. They are all lovely!

Casey, your pearls are just lovely, but your kittycats are even more precious!! They are beautiful! Thanks for the pic!

I was just at the Jewellery Association Australia trade fair in Brisbane last weekend. Lots of unfinished strands of FW's, as expected - nothing too unique. I saw maybe 6 strands of chocolates! A few lovely keshi strands, nothing fabulous nothing, nothing really gem quality at all! Some nice loose SS's (Paspaley, Autore et al not represented..) a few nice Tahitians (Josh, where are you?? SOMEONE needs to sell your stuff here!) but NO UNTREATED AKOYAS!! I'm glad I bought mine from Terry on Sueki's prompt - can't wait to see them!

Back