My first rope of pearls

Hey Nerida, I finally got that neck shot done. I'm not sure I like the lighting, but I think this works.

Johanna, Thanks for the compliment! I've read a couple books and have read a lot of the threads from the Beaders forum.

Marianne, can't wait to see your new creation!

Attachments

• neck shot knot.jpg
    neck shot knot.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 34
  • neck shot 2.jpg
    neck shot 2.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 41
Hey Cathy,

I was on the fence aboout pondslimes too, but seeing the strands at the gem fair, I was really taken by the coppery color. When combining the strands, I used Gemgeek's advice by mixing all three strands in a bowl and randomly selecting pearls as I strung them. Funny how random selection gives you such a great result.

Hey Cathy,

I was on the fence aboout pondslimes too, but seeing the strands at the gem fair, I was really taken by the coppery color. When combining the strands, I used Gemgeek's advice by mixing all three strands in a bowl and randomly selecting pearls as I strung them. Funny how random selection gives you such a great result.

Great modeling shots. I love it. Thanks for sharing the neck shots and the tip about random selection. I do like the copper color from pondslime and the colors are evenly distributed on each pearl. I am not too fond of the ones that show very distinguished stain-looking color, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Thanks Bernadette and Cathy, for the compliments. It is a strand I love to wear.

Inge, here is a close up of some of the pondslime pearls

Attachments

• pondslime.JPG
    pondslime.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 44
Thanks Bernadette and Cathy, for the compliments. It is a strand I love to wear.

Inge, here is a close up of some of the pondslime pearls

Great shot and nice luster! That's what I mean when I said "the colors are evenly distributed". I like it very much on the printed blouse (is it peacock feather?)

Last edited:
Yes Peacock! Someday I'll have peacock pearls to go with it. :)

Hi Pearlyshell,

That really is a nice strand, and looks great on you. It is always nice to see the pearls, but oh so much nicer to see them 'in situ'... thankyou for obliging! Perfect colours for you, too.

Back