My diamond huggies with pearl drops

Ok good news ladies, I finally found my long lost receipt.

So the huggies total 18 diamonds and 0.18 carat, so each diamond is 0.01 carat.
The accents also total 0.18 carat per pair, so 0.09 carat for each diamond.

Price wise the huggies cost slightly less than USD 500 when I got them. The SGD has dropped quite a bit since so I guess about USD 450 now? I'm not sure how gold prices and diamond prices have moved since so just take it as a really rough estimate for now. Oh and there is a chance that you won't be charged the local sales tax so maybe another 7% off prices.

The accents also cost the same amount for two pairs, so it was about USD 250 per pair then and a bit over 200 now. I kinda remember that the diamond prices jump quite a bit as we go up the scale cos I remember asking about the bigger diamonds and backed off when I heard the prices.

It's a bit pricier than what some of you had mentioned/budgeted in the other forum and I'm not sure how much shipping will cost. But do note that it's 18k gold vs some of the online alternatives.

Let me know if you ladies r still keen to know if they ship to US, CA and AU. :)

Hi Icyjade! Somehow I missed this -- thanks a lot! I am still interested :) When you talk to your jeweller, could you please ask him about the clarity and colour of the diamonds in the huggies?

Thanks again everyone. Hopefully Cees and the other vendors find more great stuff for us in their shopping trips out in Asia. :)

And yes, I will definitely get more details when I pop by the workshop. It's a bit tough to go out these couple of weeks cos we've been hit by a terrible haze originating from fires in Indonesia - so I've been quite a homebody over the weekends. But if I don't go this month I will probably go next month after the local gem show to set my loose pearls.

Gorgeous drops! I love drops on earrings and tin cups. I think they are a very flattering shape. Great color too and can't wait to see the ear shots!

Those earrings are too pretty. I will buy those types of some. Thank you for sharing this.

Kelluvpearls, I don't have pierced ears either. But if I did, huggies are definitely something I'd add to my collection. They are like the transformer pieces. You get so many different looks from one set. I don't know if I'd do huggies in a non pierced version- too much too lose if they fall. My hair is longer so earrings get caught easily. I quit wearing real gold earrings after losing one too many.

Hey amti speaking of non pierced huggies, I am in the process of getting a pair made. Actually the jeweler did made me a pair already but the fit wasn't right. He offered to redo it for free so I sent it back. Hopefully second time lucky. I agree it's pretty risky and I wouldn't recommend it, for myself I'll try to take extra care and minimise the risk, but I know one day it might just disappear...
Here's a photo of the huggies before I sent it back to the jeweler.

image.jpeg

Wow, they are stunning! I hope they are a perfect fit when they come back! My grandmother gave me some earring wire protectors, that you use with clip-ons. They are basically wires that go around your ear and the earring that serve to catch the earring in case it falls. They worked but were awkward to use, but since someone had invented them, I'm betting there were enough ladies dropping earrings. Please post pictures when you get your huggies!!

Also, is there a reason why you never pierced your ears? Mine is pretty silly... my dad told me I had enough holes in my head when I wanted to pierce them in Jr. High. He told me to wait until I was out of the house. Now I'm 54 and still haven't gotten around to it. There are times I think I should because there are such cute earrings out there, but one part of me is chicken.

amti,
My mother was in her 40s and I was in my mid-30s before we got our ears pierced. It certainly isn't too late.

Never too late Amti. My dad wouldn't permit ear piercing either. After I got married, I got mine pierced, timidly and very frightened I might add LOL ... within a few years, my Mom went and got hers pierced too. She was probably around your age at the time. Within a few short weeks, my dear Dad was out buying her gemstone earrings right and left :)

Amti I had my ears pierced very young, like 6 or 7? I didn't know how to look after it, I also had very short hair so I looked like a boy with earrings on, another thing was the hole placement wasn't that great. My ears are also pretty sensitive so I should had only worn platinum or high carat yellow gold in my piercings.

Sorry ladies. I didn't manage to set my drops before I popped and now it's too crazy to go... Hopefully things settle down in a few more weeks... I really want to set my loose pearls too. :(

How does one purchase GSSP drops like your from Golay? Their website didn't seem to have online shopping options :(

I go in person. You can try writing in to them but from what I know nice drops are really hard to come by.

Hey people, i have enjoy those pearls, and they are just fantastic beauty, i prefer pearls instead of other jewelry, and i belive here are many who do the same! I noticed that when I wear them I am having less anxiety so I use less klonopin, quite sure because they make me feel more confident)) Have a good day!

Last edited:
Back