My Design

Hi Zeide
I had a unilateral moment there - no one else is responsible and it may come down at any time.

I was hoping someone would know something about it and give us a reference,but it is such a good teaching tool, and I thought no one will be able to tell us what it is without the picture.

If my caveats don't work, it it'll come down again. Meanwhile I hope a lot of folks get a look.........

Now, Dear Admissions Board of the esteemed Lowly Beaders' Club,

Am I in?

By the way, the big jumble is today's beading loot. They are actually 7 different pieces.
Zeide

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't "esteemed lowly" an oxymoron?

Besides we're so lowly we don't have an admissions board. Maybe now that you are here, we should get organized. Maybe we should have a separate forum for the beaders. After all, even the pearl stringers and re-stringers are really beaders too. Meanwhile we can co-opt the fashion and style forum.

Your beads are great. I really like Legends. What is in it?

Hi Caitlin,

Oh dear, I guess I have to klonk you something on the wild side of my beading box for your birthday then. No gold, right? You once said you only wear silver.

Zeide

Hi Zeide
You are correct. Don't tell me you feel sorry for me with such worthless klonks........ You'll elevate me right out of the lowly beaders into your August company. Jeremy tells me the postage is more than they are worth, but it was hard to find even such lowly klonks.

I do intend to paint these klonks, maybe I will put glitter on them, too- that should imitate the new fashionable faceted look quite nicely ;) ;)

Last edited:
Caitlin Williams said:
Hi susanna

I have a personal collection that is more unusual, but I am probably not as far out as you thought.;) Here is a unique one I haven't posted here. It used to be Navajo cedar beads with small turquiose seed beads in between. I restrung substituting some of those nice 5mm pearls I got from Evergreen at the Gem show last year.

Caitlin,

I really, really like this necklace.

PS. Have you seen Zeide's glass beads? Even her glass beads are far from lowly!

Zeide,

I like your eye for stuff! I do not think Caitlyn is lowly beader either IMHO.....

Caitlyn, Zeide, Anyone, Anyone??? do you know how I can get a couple of my lowly creations here??? My pics are jpg but way to big.

CHeers all...

Ash

Hi Caitlin,

Remembering your passion for Latin, I though the "Carpe Perlum Club"
or the "Habemus Perlum Club" might do. I think it would be better
to substitute "perlum" with the Latin equivalent for "necklace"(what the heck is that in Latin,anyway?).

Since I am a pictureless member of the club at the moment, guilt has
forced me to contribute this.

Slraep

Hi Slraep.

That would be catena, catenae or seriei, series with the former being metal chain thingies and the latter bead strands. As the bead queens' court suggester, may I offer "e unio plurum" (many things out of freshwater pearls) or is that considered anti-American?

Zeide

Slraep said:
Hi Caitlin,
Since I am a pictureless member of the club at the moment, guilt has
forced me to contribute this.

Hi Slraep,

Why don't you post your pearls? They are so shiny!

Zeide Erskine said:
That would be catena, catenae or seriei, series with the former being metal chain thingies and the latter bead strands. As the bead queens' court suggester, may I offer "e unio plurum" (many things out of freshwater pearls) or is that considered anti-American?

Zeide,
"E unio plurum" is more anti-"Mouse" than anti-American. Is the club suppose to rival the Magnificent (with a Capital M) Pearl-Plated Beader's Club? Mickey might change his motto.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sam,

Thank thee Sir Valiant Knight for championing my noble cause in fighting the pearl-plated beast.

Zeide (not exactly a damsel in distress)

E unio plurum

Hi SusannaH!
We have not forgotten you. See what you started? Now you got us all showing our pearls and starting clubs and stuff.
Sam, Danuta and Zeide
I do just love pithy Latin sayings, even though I don't know Latin at all. (I'm a Latin wannabe. )

So, Carpe Perlum would be "Seize the Pearls" with the subtext of "Enjoy the pearls"? I like that! It definately is less sitting around talking than Habemos Perlum is. (My guess on the translation for the latter: "Have Pearls, Will String".

and "E unio plurum" is a fantastic motto. What a bunch of geniuses. I "see" an unio shell with Lowly Beader's Loot pouring out of it as though it were a cornucopia. In fact unios have been just that, haven't they? In fact they get my vote for "shellfish with the most personality"!

There! I just changed my signature to include our motto. Now, what is the vote on the name?

Last edited:
Caitlin Williams said:
There! I just changed my signature to include our motto. Now, what is the vote on the name?

Placed my own signature as well. Check it out.

Caitlyn,

LOL..... you have seen some of my stuff its not as impressive as those here.. but I create for my hobby not a business( as I am way too chicken to so that) I am happy to have the pleasure of such "lowly" and amamzing beaders.

Ash

Satine De La Courcel said:
Caitlyn,

LOL..... you have seen some of my stuff its not as impressive as those here.. but I create for my hobby not a business( as I am way too chicken to so that) I am happy to have the pleasure of such "lowly" and amamzing beaders.

Ash

Hi Ash! Just post your pictures! We'd love to see it.
Surely it can't be as lowly as the kid's necklace I made. :D LOL:D

Hi Sam,

Now I have to start making some more outrageous or flippy stuff. I have always wanted to make some multistrands from seed beads to go with my purses.

Zeide

E Unio Plurum

Hi Caitlin,

Isn't it strange how hard it is to photograph the colors right. The B&B looks so lean and simple in person, but when you try to photograph the thing it is the most elusive thing ever.

Zeide

Caitlin Williams said:
Here is a closeup of one of Zeide's creations from above:
attachment.php
Please excuse my ignorance, but are these faceted pearls? (I haven't read the whole thread)

For info on faceted pearls, try searching the term on this forum. I believe I started a thread about them a few weeks ago and there is some good info on that thread- along with some good photos.

Back