Multiple Ear Piercing People, What do you wear Alongside Pearl Earrings?

MoonSprinkles

I have three piercings in each earlobe and am trying to decide the best look with pearls, either studs or dangles. I have an odd mishmash of smaller earrings I wear in my upper two holes, and wanted to get some nicer ones that work with everything. DH says I can pick something out for combination of birthday and Christmas and I am considering little white topaz studs in 14k yellow gold. (I found some low quality diamond studs in my price range but would honestly prefer high quality white topaz to low quality diamonds). The good thing is getting these would pretty much go with everything, was thinking of getting a 3mm and a 4mm. Downside is they take away a lot from my pearl budget, I would really like to get a freshadama pink necklace and earrings in the future. :eek: Another (less expensive) option is little hammered 14 k yellow gold 3mm discs in each piercings, which would be less sparkly but possibly blend better.

So, I want something that will look nice and polished and go with everything, and compliment rather than take away from pearls or other earrings I wear in lowest piercings. I am looking for inspiration or opinions, so, what do you wear in upper piercings if wearing pearl dangles or studs? ( nothing isn't really an option unless I want them to close...I have very angry ear piercings that only like 14k yellow gold and hate me if I look at them sideways) Thanks!

It took years of healing before I could go without studs in my 2nd piercings and not have the holes close up! I often wore Simply Whispers gold ball studs during that time, as they are 24K over surgical steel and were comfortable to wear while sleeping. I still wear them sometimes.

Do you like opals? Those would go with many pearl studs and not take away from them.

Simply Whispers studs: https://www.simplywhispersstore.com/earrings/type_earrings-studs

PearlDreams, I am not familiar with that store but I am checking it out! They have some really pretty ones. Do they hold up pretty well, even with the plating? I generally go for 14k solid gold, which I see they also have some of. I'm not opposed to opals though I don't see any stud opals on the site, but I bet I could find some on etsy. It would certainly leave more in the pearl budget :p

I wear engine turned flat disc studs in gold and tiny (baby) huggie hoops in my second and third ear holes. Baby earrings are cheaper than adult earrings in 14k...

I wear engine turned flat disc studs in gold and tiny (baby) huggie hoops in my second and third ear holes. Baby earrings are cheaper than adult earrings in 14k...

Where do you get the baby hoops from? I've run into baby earrings and been interested because I like shorter backs but was afraid they would not fit. Also, I'm not familiar with engine turned but it sounds interesting.....

I have some white zircons that people genuinely think are diamonds because they are so dispersive. I would suggest looking into those if you have trouble finding white topaz in that size in gold. If you're handy with pliers you could also purchase your own pre-notched settings and stones and set them. That's what I did - super simple! I also wear baby akoya pearls in the second piercings (which is my favorite to wear).

I have some white zircons that people genuinely think are diamonds because they are so dispersive. I would suggest looking into those if you have trouble finding white topaz in that size in gold. If you're handy with pliers you could also purchase your own pre-notched settings and stones and set them. That's what I did - super simple! I also wear baby akoya pearls in the second piercings (which is my favorite to wear).

Oh that sounds pretty, especially the baby pearl! Where do you find tiny pearl studs? I did find the white topaz ones, I'm just debating if a plain gold stud might look better or what I want to do. Part of me also wants to go cheaper on those studs to save more money for the pearls I am wanting lol

I got mine as a gift years ago, but I also saw some semi-recently at PP. I think I remember seeing some that were 4mm or so, which is what size mine are. I also have some golden akoyas that are 5.5mm and work perfectly in either the second or first piercing.

If you cant find akoyas, freshwater pearls would be another option. They may be a little cheaper, too. I've seen some really small freshwater pairs on WenPearl and maybe Kongspearl on Etsy before. I've personally used both vendors and been happy with what I've bought from them. I do recommend telling them exactly what you're looking for and requesting pictures of anything that isn't a one-off item listing though since I'm not too big on trying to return things to China.

Good quality opals are really beautiful but they are very soft. You would need to protect them from hairspray and maybe some shampoos as well. I vote for the white topaz for your upper piercings.

I've given these as gifts:
WEN sells tiny CFWP earrings if you search for style SE1-008

All of these suggestions are good! I love hearing what everyone does with theirs! I am leaning towards some gold huggies for the top two. After that was mentioned I started looking at them and found some cute tiny ones that are just plain 14k gold. I think they would be comfortable, they actually are made for babies and children. Only downside, no sparklies lol

I got mine as a gift years ago, but I also saw some semi-recently at PP. I think I remember seeing some that were 4mm or so, which is what size mine are.

Yes, PP still has the 3.5-4.0 mm White Akoya Pearl Stud Earrings, on sale, too.

Another option would be white sapphire. Black diamonds are generally cheaper than white diamonds. I usually wear diamond studs with pearls, but they were a gift.

Those tiny pearls are so so cute I just don't know if having basically three pairs of pears earrings in at once would be too many pearls in the ear? Has anyone gotten these tiny ones? Are they durable and good for leaving in? (though I imagine like any pearls should not be slept in...) Zircon is an interesting idea, it is one stone I am not as familiar with.

I am really tempted to get two pairs of the tiny pearls.....the spinning wheel came up and I got 40 off so I could get both pairs for the price of one regular pair

For many of us there is no such thing as "too many pearls" :). Just do not hit them with hairspray!

I got the baby akoyas! Two pairs, can't wait to see how they look...I've only ever had freshwaters before so I am very excited to see the akoyas. Thank you to everyone who suggested tiny pearls and to Ennui for pointing out they were still on sale at PP. And I never use hairspray so no worries there! I will probably also take them out at night just to preserve them better. :)

Very exciting! Now you will need some pearl dangle earrings for the lowest hole :)

Very exciting! Now you will need some pearl dangle earrings for the lowest hole :)

I have such a long list of earrings and other pieces I want, lol, now onto the saving up! (I've always loved pearls but am new to be a "serious" collector) I imagine since the akoyas are white they will go well with any other color of pearl.

Back