Mikimoto

Suecan

Hi I have been given these mikimoto cultured pearls and I would like a rough valuation if possible.thankyou

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 38
Is it for ensurance purposes? I was wondering if you can contact Mikimoto about the pearls as you seem to have the paperwork.

- Karin

Hiya the necklace is 9 carrot gold clasp (375 marking)with "aa" 75% quality pearls.one set of the earrings is 9 carrot gold with "aa" 75% quality pearl and the 2nd set of earrings are silver (925 marking) with aa 75% quality pearls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 27
Pattye gave you some great advice. A white paper towel is a much better background. Maybe you can get help from someone who has camera with a macro feature. :)

Hi Suecan, and welcome to the forum! Here's a link to a fabulous "How To" for pearl pictures that we all highly recommend. Taking pictures of pearls can be tricky as they tend to pick up a lot of the surrounding color which can make them appear larger or smaller than they really are- optical illusions in other words. Good luck and let us know if you need any additional assistance with the images.

More pictures.ashley the link was not attached :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 27
Hi Sue, Sorry about that- here you go: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5461

PearlDreams did a pretty good breakdown in that thread of what you'll need, but it boils down to: macro-setting (the little flower pops up on your viewer), no flash, white background and indirect, strong mid-morning sunlight. Try to get close ups of sections of the pearls so we can examine the surface quality.

Hi there Suecan

You have what looks like a Mikimoto box and paperwork.

However if your necklace and earrings are to have commercial value as genuine Mikimotos, they should have the Mikimoto "M" in a clamshell hallmark.
On the necklace this will be on the back of the clasp (with the 375 stamp).

Here's a link to a Mikimoto silver clasp with their hallmark.
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8158
(scroll down near bottom of first pics).

I've looked at many vintage Mikimoto necklaces, and never seen one with a 9ct clasp, although it is possible Mikimoto made them for the UK market back in the day.
I'll be interested to hear if your pieces have the Mikimoto hallmark.

With the Mikimoto hallmark, and the box and paperwork they'll be worth a few hundred quid on eBay.

Last edited:
Back