Looking for Philippine based cultured pearl suppliers

RHarrison

Can anyone recommend pearl suppliers in the Philippines? I know Jewelmer, I am looking for someone a little smaller.

Thank you,
Robert Harrison

Hi Robert, Greenhills and Market Market has a pearl section, but pearls come from Hong Kong, Kobe and freshwater from Hong Kong and China.
Cogent sells Filipino pearls also but only in auctions in Hong Kong or Kobe.

Looking for an established company that can export.

Looking for an established company that can export.

Hi Robert, Greenhills and Market Market has a pearl section, but pearls come from Hong Kong, Kobe and freshwater from Hong Kong and China.
Cogent sells Filipino pearls also but only in auctions in Hong Kong or Kobe.

Thank you for that input. I don't really care where the pearls come from. I just need to get the right quality/price ratio for my stores. I also need to do business with a company not a little shop that isn't set up for export. I just want to go to a showroom in Manila (if possible) see samples, place an order, pay and have them ship. But I am getting the idea that maybe the pearl business doesn't work that way. Any ideas?

Then go to Greenhills, but not expect fantastic low prices. Good pearls can be bought from the ladies there, few have a nice collection, but the prices need to be negociated heavily. But higher than from Hong Kong or Kobe suppliers.

Looking for an established company not a small booth in a mall.

Looking for an established company not a small booth in a mall.

Then go to Greenhills, but not expect fantastic low prices. Good pearls can be bought from the ladies there, few have a nice collection, but the prices need to be negociated heavily. But higher than from Hong Kong or Kobe suppliers.

Thanks for that endorsement. I have been to Greenhills and bought and that's fine for informal purchases but often you can but in bulk and you can reorder. They don't export. Its strickly cash and carry. So does anyone know of any comapnies that are doing desings with pearls and developed enough they can fill an order for 100 pieces and export it to the USA?

thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert,

As far as I know from this forum, the Greenhill dealers buy from Hong Kong or from people who buy in Hong Kong and sell them on. So you may want to consider going to one of the faires in Hong Kong instead to buy directly. There is usually a group of people here from PG meeting in Hong Kong during the faires.

- Karin

Business in pearls is always cash, unless you have an established relationship. I am in Bangkok and consider this a good place for jewelry, pearls and gemstones.
Cees
www.amsterdampearls.com

Thanks for that endorsement. I have been to Greenhills and bought and that's fine for informal purchases but often you can but in bulk and you can reorder. They don't export. Its strickly cash and carry. So does anyone know of any comapnies that are doing desings with pearls and developed enough they can fill an order for 100 pieces and export it to the USA?

thanks,
Robert

You might want to look closer to home to people like Wendy in the UK who goes to Hong Kong to buy and from that makes her own pieces.

- Karin

Back