Lavender Pearl Project

Luvglitz - Fabulous pearls!! They look wonderful on you !! What a great find! ( I really can picture Rose Gold with them...but you'll find a fabulous clasp one day and be inspired to redo ..but they work well with any colour really ) And that Pendant is a WOW
Which gem show did you go to ?

Now as to those pesky end pearls - get a drill and a set of small bits .7 .8 .9 1.0 . Just tell the hardware store what drill you have and they can sort out the collet (?) you need to fit in the tiny bits. OR get yourself a little hand held Dremel drill - great for crafts. Usually comes with a set of various things..you want a little drill bit set ... the polishing set is useful as well. Just redrill the last three and first three - it's easy...the hole is already there just try your bits till you find the one slightly larger than the hole and PUTTING ON YOUR SAFETY GOGGLES... just slowly redrill the hole. Easy Peasy.

Katbran, how do secure the pearls while your drilling? I have a dremel and various bits but not sure what kind of device to hold the pearls while drilling.

...........ummmmmmm.........I'm a bit naughty....I'd never encourage anyone else to do it...I hold it in my fingers lol Obviously in such a fashion that I'm not going to accidentally drill myself. I just hold the pearl with the drill hole horizontal to the ground - more or less- and wearing my safety goggles.. really really important as it can fly out of your fingers if you are too hard on it. .. I just ease the bit gently into the hole. I work it from both sides...and just a few mm at a time...so it doesn't get too hot. I do take my time. If the pearl is large enough I can use a 'ring holder' - a wooden device that clamps down on a ring when you are working on it . Like this - https://toolsntoolsuk.co.uk/product...den-grinding-handle-jewelry-making-hand-tool/

lol, Katbran. I'm a "bit" naughty too… Just hold em between thumb and finger and drill away. (slowly and from both sides) It does get a bit exciting when enlarging holes in 4mm keshi though :)

Those are some lovely lavenders, Luvglitz!!!

Wowza!!! Those are some huge and beautiful pearls! They look great on you too!

lol, Katbran. I'm a "bit" naughty too… Just hold em between thumb and finger and drill away. (slowly and from both sides) It does get a bit exciting when enlarging holes in 4mm keshi though :)

Those are some lovely lavenders, Luvglitz!!!

LOL and of course Marianne and I are not encouraging anyone else to be so naughty ! I've not had the nerve to drill the teeny ones lol

Back