last year "fuddy-duddy", this year "hip"

Hi Susan,

I am photoshy but I'll try. Please do not mind the sunglasses because my camera only takes decent shots in broad daylight and Fresno broad daylight is akin to Sahara broad daylight. Any attempt at using the flash indoors has so far yielded pictures reminiscent of the channel tunnel during blackout.

Zeide

Zeide
I am photoshy but I'll try

I thought you might be. As soon as I pressed the 'submit reply' button I thought I shouln't be pushing this, she may simply not like having her photo taken (my husband hates the camera) - so thank you.

Now, when you are ready to sell those pearls, if it is sometime before hell freezes over, please give me first refusal.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I'll put you on my list of pearl lovers to contact when I am updating my collection and this or one like this will be classified a "double."

Zeide

Here we go again, another post that did not show, :confused: TAKE Two! ;)

Zeide,

I am sure you could open your own pearl museum with your pearl collection!!! Sounds Great! just give me a holler when you are ready..

Thank you so much for the generous offer about the earrings!!!!!!! (Necklace ignored) ;)

I am only 5'5" and can get alittle height 1-2" when I wear my heels although I prefer flasts.. but I am sure you look great in those bigger pearl sizes!!!

Wilma was my hero when I was a young girl .. but its a redhead thing!

Happy monday
Cheers

I'll put you on my list of pearl lovers to contact when I am updating my collection and this or one like this will be classified a "double."

Yes result!

Susan

Zeide Erskine said:
Hi Ash,

I am currently in the process of amassing my Vermeer-style earring collection ....

Zeide

Matching THIS... Does such a pearl even exist ? To me, the picture shows a roundish ball of mystery light, the size of an eyeball, on a small lady. But you sure know how to swipe unsuspecting folks off their feet: 'Vermeer earrings'... right...:cool:

Actually, some of the pearls you have posted here almost do look like that (bright crazy, not big!).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ana,

What size do you think the girl is, so I can recruit somebody of the same stature to wear my earrings? Kidding aside, so far, the largest pair I have in white drops is 20x14mm. They are more oval than drop shape but they come pretty close. I am still looking for more to get the perfect one. I once saw the Manzini earrings and they are 16x12mm. I have a very good emulation of those in freshwater drops in both peach and white (1 pair each). To look like the Vermeer picture #2 (woman with a pearl necklace) I would need 22x16mm drops. The actual one in the Girl with a Pearl Earring looks more like an osmena (nautilus operculum) shell piece in the 30x22mm range. Any tips or link are appreciated. Nobody is perfect and I want the best.

These are close: http://cgi.ebay.com/14-Kt-Gold-Larg...2QQihZ001QQcategoryZ52584QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Zeide

I did actually create a pair of earrings to match that picture. Believe it or not, it was for the actual movie premier. We started working with Lions Gate on that premier, we were going to do standard studs for the carpet, and a pair to match Vermeer as a centerpiece. After a couple months of "talks", and after I had secured the pearls for the earrings, they basically dropped off the face of the earth (the Lions Gate studio PR). They asked me to make them... I visited 3 different companies in Hk to make the match, we talked several times, everything was a go... and they got busy and used fakes! I am not still sore about it or anything (actually a little bit). But I can say I will never help out Lions Gate again if/when they ask, and I never saw the movie! On principle.

Hi Jeremy,

What exactly dropped off the face of the earth, Lion's Gate or the earrings? If not the earrings, what size, what color, quanta costa?

Zeide

Want to see some? (c'mon a my house...)

Want to see some? (c'mon a my house...)

YES.

I have the same earrings in white. I got them because I cannot find anything closer to the Empress Josephine's enormous pearl drop earrings (hers had a single enormous diamond stud though) the kind you could see from the back of the ballroom. I did once see reproductions but those were too expensive for me at the time and they are not made anymore. Never mind, it's only the pearl effect I'm after anyway, ditch the diamonds they just distract from the pearl glow IMO.

Hi Rosomane,

Where did you get yours? Freshwater cultured or PPB? Quanta cost? Picture? Please!

Zeide

Zeide Erskine said:
Hi Jeremy,

What exactly dropped off the face of the earth, Lion's Gate or the earrings? If not the earrings, what size, what color, quanta costa?

Zeide

Lions Gate dropped off the face of the earth. I was really not happy with the fact that I had put so much time and effort into it and they did not even have the courtesy to call us back and tell us that they decided not to do it.

I do not remember exactly what I paid for the pearls, but it was in the range of $1200 per piece. They were 17mm drops, if I recall. Finola Hughes has them now.

Hi Jeremy,

That's o.k., I am already at 20x14mm in solid nacre.

Zeide

Zeide Erskine said:
Hi Jeremy,

That's o.k., I am already at 20x14mm in solid nacre.

Zeide

That's impressive!

It takes less to make me feel those earrings beaming through the crowd... Would need a schnapps or two to dare dress up like the lady in the picture ;) Even if they were painted glass bubbles, as the critics imply.

Since the word came about over the top pearls, what is your take on these: LINK

Hi Ana,

Those would be studs and are definitely impressive. However, rather on your ears than on mine. I love the big drops but in studs my limits are 9.5mm in fully round and 14mm in buttons. Beyond that, I just don't have the earlobes for it. When the studs are bigger than your earlobes, they just hurt. I also have certain comfort limits for my drop earrings. up to 18x13mm I can wear them all day, thereafter they are strictly for single events with several days recovery period for my earlobes thereafter. They do make a big splash, though, every time I wear them.

Zeide

Back