J.C.O 1925 box of graduated pearl necklace

I have seen the ct weight on jewelry but its usually on production line pieces where quite a few were made not so much on limited or handmade as they show for themselves & don;t have to prove anything. If those big pearls are 6mm then look how big that clasp looks. Might just be a distance illusion as objects in the background appear smaller but the 2.3 mm pearls are near it & looks to be almost 2 of them to the height of the clasp. I study jewelry alot from pictures & I'm generally close but sometimes the distance thing throws the perspective off.

I'd be interested in a close up of the diamond. I can see an open culet which is an older cut in general but I don;t know marquise cuts that well.

What a find!

Last edited:
http://www.karipearls.com/antique-natural-pearl-necklace-marquise-diamond-platinum-clasp.html

Same clasp..same size pearls & length!!! $5000 not bad!!!! SOLD

I did not count eery oearl pearl & yours have a few more but gosh its almost identical!!!

This beautiful antique natural pearl necklace features 114 round to slightly off-round pearls. The pearls are mostly white, with a few of the smaller ones showing a more cream color if you look closely. The pearls graduate from 2.21 mm to 6.07 mm in the center, and their surfaces are smooth and clean.

The necklace is completed with a finely made platinum clasp, with extra safety lock. The clasp is set with a fiery white marquise-cut diamond. Total wearable length is 17", and of course the certificate shown is included.

*Price: $4,975 SOLD!

Looks like same strand but yours has bad silk & this was restrung...

Looking for the update...

Last edited:
Gosh...killjoy....leaving us hanging.....:confused:

After seeing the similar natural strand with same clasp...It would be nice if they took a peek inside the drill holes & give an update..strand in question which looks like could be akoya...natural strand may be basra/ says origin persian gulf? Gosh those clasps look identical!!!!

Maybe its a stolen strand with a few extra pearls added & a dirty silk thread????LOL

Luster & overtones are different. Does the natural strand really look like persian Gulf pearl?

1/2 is natural persian gulf of almost identital pearl size/length & clasp but has less pearls 3rd is strand in ?

The mystery!!!!!

Attachments

• antique JKO 1925 (2).jpg
    antique JKO 1925 (2).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 27
  • antique-natural-pearl-necklace-marquise-diamond-platinum-clasp-21707740 x.jpg
    antique-natural-pearl-necklace-marquise-diamond-platinum-clasp-21707740 x.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 34
  • antique-natural-pearl-necklace-marquise-diamond-platinum-clasp-21707741 x.jpg
    antique-natural-pearl-necklace-marquise-diamond-platinum-clasp-21707741 x.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back