Is this worth the price?

Yes, agree with JP. Pearls should be gender neutral because in Vedic healing approach and astrology pearls are also recommended to men and women alike.

My husband doesn't post, but he does wear a multicolor Tahitian strand. Sometimes he wears a Tahitian stud.

My husband Walter wears a Kamoka pearl on a leather cord ... took a few years of convincing ;) ... but now he wears it often enough I had to replace the leather; Josh was so great about helping me with it. He does not post, but then, he hasn't worked up to email yet ... :)

Eric, here's my husband wearing the T strand we originally bought for our daughter's 21st birthday. If you can believe it, she didn't want it! No matter, my husband was delighted to claim it. I shortened it a bit so it would hang on his neck the way he wanted it.

Husband wearing Tahitians.jpg

Oh wow PD, I gotta show this to Steven. I'm hoping to convince him someday.

Super Pearl Dreams! It's true that tahitian pearls seem actually better for men's fashion. I have yet carved two wich would be right style for this use (besides one is still wears by a man)... because it's a man who have carved them. If pearls don't be gender, artistic creation is a little bit more, without any worry about that, wich is natural.
Anyway, pearls are far from a common men's usage today, even not yet just a fashion axis, however we can see mens wearing pearls during a lot of moments in history of every civilisations.

Last edited:
Very much so, ericw. I will also say that Tahitian pearls, especially, seem to have a rock star vibe. Then there's also that whole pirate look. The surfer style, etc. I just recently made a pair of cultured Tahitian cuff links for a client. My husband took one look and said wow, can you make some studs (for a tux) too? Shhh, don't tell him what he's getting for Christmas!

I'll tell nothing... For Christmas, pearls are always a good idea: it's easy to pass them through the fireplace! A diamond also... :).
In any case, sure that tahitian pearls act as a reminder of all adventures and treasures hunting dreams, typically a man's entertainment. In India, there were white pearls, to shine in all maharadjas stories.

Yes, Jerseypearl and Pareltje, pearls must be gender neutral, it would be a pity they didn't, worse, a nonsense... but I read so much rare men's comments here that I can believe they are not a great number to be interested.

hi there Ericw - I'm of the male gender and I wear at least one strand of Tahitians daily ;-) total Tahitan addict

Back