Is this worth the price?

Buffetm

So I happened across this from an online consignment store
Described as Tahitian pearls, 11 to 16mm, off round to baroque shapes. Sterling silver clasp. No paperwork
Selling for usd 460. Worth the risk? s-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

Can you return them for a refund if you don't like them? If not, it's never worth the risk, to me.

I think they are very.. unpretty? lots of blemishes, lack of color and overtones.. the luster is polished, not natural (as it looks at least).. I wouldn't pay 460 usd for it, doesn't seem like a bargain to me at all..

Way too many blemishes, and an odd color with a dull finish ... dyed maybe? I'd pass on these. Why take such a risk when trusted vendors stand honestly behind their work? Just one example: Pearl Paradise current Tahitian sale ... if you search carefully it's possible to find a strand for a very reasonable price, lovely AND guaranteed. Other vendors as well. Just my 2 cents of course :)

Welcome Buffetm!
I'm not too much of a fan of these myself,
But may I ask:
Are you looking for a multicolor dark tahitians specifically? Do you like that size range? Because I do recall there are some great vendors here around the world that may help you find what you're looking for.

For that price and with smaller sizes, I believe there's a huge sale at pearl paradise for tahitians... lovely oval strands.

What country do you live in?

Another seller of Tahitians to check out is tahitianpearls.biz. I have not bought from them personally but I've only ever heard good things.

I'm another that's not a fan of those pearls. They are too gray for me. I tend to like blues and purples, but that is my preference, which may not be yours.

They are not something I would consider buying.... BTW, the strand is not knotted between the pearls and the clasp is silver. I can't see how they finished the strand at the clasp ends but that will be an additional expense having some one knot it for you.

Thanks all for the comments.
I don't have much experience with tahitians so that was very helpful.
Love big pearls! Size always matters lol
I am in western australia :)

Back