Interview with Eric Windeck, pearl carver extraordinaire

What a wonderful article, and the photos look great. Congratulations Eric.

Thank you Pearl Dreams, Pearl Information Association too, for this well done article, thank's a lot everybody! Just I must tell you that I was younger, on the photos. At the present, time, I stay near the fireplace which have replaced amazonian sun, but not my old joints... Luckily, hands still work well, it's the most important!:)

Last edited:
We were all younger, Eric. I'm still younger in my head. My reflection in the mirror is a lie.

:D:D BWeaves, I don't take care myself to my reflexion since a long time (it was not the first of the concerns, in the rainforest, or spending six years on my sailboat, after!), and for the rest, I feel to be younger in my head than many people younger by age, around me. Only it would be difficult to have so a adventurous life now, because it's requesting physical strength I have lost. Anyway, I had a good life, with many great experiences, and I fully intend to continue along this line.

Last edited:
Eric, I wish I could see your pearls in person. I keep drooling over your Etsy shop.

Yes Katbran, less strenuous is right: such a life (and I have not talked about the rest) is really tiring: it's the price of intensity. But as long as I'll keep my head, my eyes, the same fingers than Pattye's, and above all, the heart to love beauty, I"ll work. It's my travelling map.
BWeaves, I should also want you see my pearls in true, they are so much difficult to shoot! I have made my own site, you can see the link in my signature (it's not finished to build), but there are still and always photos. I have felt that Etsy was not the right place to show an artwork, which is never valued by the number of sold supplies, as usual on Etsy, but valued by a special relationship between the artist, pieces of art and their enthusiasts. I think also that my carved pearls should not be seen as pearls, only: in fact, I have made with pearls other subjects, with their own particular aesthetic.

Last edited:
Eric, I wish I could see your pearls in person. I keep drooling over your Etsy shop.

Oh, BWeaves, just let your fingers slip on the order key. Then you can see one in person!

Back