Inspiration: Natural Pearl Harvest Set

wow....that's from the year my mother was born!
it is wonderfully soft colors too

Thanks MSC ... I never saw this thread before either. How beautiful !!!

The Estate of Maureen O'Hara: Pearl encrusted evening dress. Strapless top, encrusted with pearls and gems (all likely faux, but still ...!), black velvet tea length skirt and asymmetrical black velvet sash ... and photos of Maureen wearing it ... estimated at $400 - $800. Fabulous.

Same Bonhams sale.

I don't always like natural pearls, but when I do they look like that!

The Estate of Maureen O'Hara: Pearl encrusted evening dress. Strapless top, encrusted with pearls and gems (all likely faux, but still ...!), black velvet tea length skirt and asymmetrical black velvet sash ... and photos of Maureen wearing it ... estimated at $400 - $800. Fabulous.

Same Bonhams sale.

Oh Thanks for that CathyK.... now I'm going back into the site for the next 30 min....sigh

I was at Bonhams in NYC this last weekend...I love going to the auction previews (post war and contemporary and impressionist art auctions were this last week). The auction houses usually have a jewels room in which I have left a significant amount of DNA (from drool).

I was at Bonhams in NYC this last weekend...I love going to the auction previews (post war and contemporary and impressionist art auctions were this last week). The auction houses usually have a jewels room in which I have left a significant amount of DNA (from drool).

Lucky duck! Did you see this set in person?

I, too, love going to auction previews, but almost never get the opportunity. I did go to a Rago auction preview a couple years back, when they had that MASSIVE pearl broach up for sale. It was a great time and I spoke at length with the main jewelry appraiser there about the history of that piece.

Well, JerseyPearl, anytime you want to meet in NYC for lunch and a visit to Bonhams ...

I do so hope someone shows up at the next ruckus wearing that dress :) Not my size, sigh ....

I just saw it today. I love these little treasures. Thanks for posting MSC

Back