In the News: Japanese Akoya Pearl Prices Have Skyrocketed 80% (2023)

Jennifer Heebner of the CPAA and AGTA wrote this very interesting article about the HIGH DEMAND for Akoya Pearls, leading to an 60-80% PRICE HIKE!

I personally met with Joshua & x Nick Israeliff during the Tucson Gem Show and they explained that the high demand from China has helped increase the cost and price of these beautiful pearls.

I recommend reading the great article for a clear insight. It can be found HERE.

Here are these young Pearl Entrepreneurs that are featured in the article.

ASBA-Pearls-(1).jpg

Jennifer Heebner of the CPAA and AGTA wrote this very interesting article about the HIGH DEMAND for Akoya Pearls, leading to an 60-80% PRICE HIKE!

I personally met with Joshua & x Nick Israeliff during the Tucson Gem Show and they explained that the high demand from China has helped increase the cost and price of these beautiful pearls.

I recommend reading the great article for a clear insight. It can be found HERE.

Here are these young Pearl Entrepreneurs that are featured in the article.
This was an interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I'll hang on to my Miki's!

Likely that the market will respond by increasing stock. Wait a while.
But what about quality? I've seen some very poor Akoya pearls, with nacre so thin I could see the bead inside.
Thanks for posting the article. I'm glad I bought what I bought way back when.

But what about quality? I've seen some very poor Akoya pearls, with nacre so thin I could see the bead inside.
Thanks for posting the article. I'm glad I bought what I bought way back when.
I have seen -since the 1990's- an increase in quality Akoya pearls. And in more recent years: nicely covered Akoya pearls. The last batches I saw in Tucson: the quality is really good.

Back